How many US senators does Tennessee have?
- Tennessee U.S. Senators. There are currently 2 U.S. Senators representing Tennessee in Washington, D.C. All states in the United States have 2 Senators representing them.
- 1 How do I find my state representative in Tennessee?
- 2 Who are the members of the House of Representatives in Tennessee?
- 3 What does the Tennessee House of Representatives do?
- 4 Who are the senators from TN?
- 5 How many members are in the House of Representatives?
- 6 What does a TN State Representative make?
- 7 Who is Chattanooga State Representative?
- 8 Who holds the most power in the Tennessee Executive branch?
How do I find my state representative in Tennessee?
To find out who represents you in the Tennessee General Assembly, use the “Find My Legislator” tool on the General Assembly’s website at capitol.tn.gov.”
Who are the members of the House of Representatives in Tennessee?
- 1st district: Diana Harshbarger (R) (since 2021)
- 2nd district: Tim Burchett (R) (since 2019)
- 3rd district: Chuck Fleischmann (R) (since 2011)
- 4th district: Scott DesJarlais (R) (since 2011)
- 5th district: Jim Cooper (D) (since 2003)
- 6th district: John Rose (R) (since 2019)
- 7th district: Mark E.
What does the Tennessee House of Representatives do?
The House of Representatives has non-lawmaking powers that are distinct from the Senate’s authority. For example, the House has the sole power to originate impeachment proceedings against public officials, who then are brought before the Senate for trial.
Who are the senators from TN?
Tennessee’s current Senators are Republicans Marsha Blackburn and Bill Hagerty. Kenneth McKellar was Tennessee’s longest-serving senator (1917–1953).
How many members are in the House of Representatives?
There are currently 435 voting representatives. Five delegates and one resident commissioner serve as non-voting members of the House, although they can vote in committee. Representatives must be 25 years old and must have been U.S. citizens for at least 7 years. Representatives serve 2-year terms.
What does a TN State Representative make?
Tennessee’s legislators in the 109th General Assembly received a $20,884 annual salary, and speakers of the House and Senate received a salary that is three times that of the other members, or $62,652.
Who is Chattanooga State Representative?
Yusuf Hakeem is a Democratic member of the Tennessee House of Representatives and a former member of the State of Tennessee Board of Probation and Parole.
Who holds the most power in the Tennessee Executive branch?
The governor and his executive branch agencies “execute” or administer laws, mandates, and new programs created by the General Assembly. The governor is essentially the CEO of the State of Tennessee.