What time zone is Tellico Plains, Tennessee?
- Tellico Plains, Tennessee is GMT/UTC – 5h during Standard Time. Tellico Plains, Tennessee is GMT/UTC – 4h during Daylight Saving Time.
- 1 Is Tellico Plains in the Smoky Mountains?
- 2 What is Tellico Plains known for?
- 3 Is Tellico Plains TN safe?
- 4 What stores are in Tellico Plains Tennessee?
- 5 Are there mountains in Tellico Plains?
- 6 Is Tellico Plains TN a good place to live?
- 7 When was Tellico Plains High School built?
- 8 Does it snow in Tellico Plains Tennessee?
Is Tellico Plains in the Smoky Mountains?
The village of Tellico Plains is, indeed, a gateway to the lower Smoky Mountains. The little town is just south of Madisonville and is an historic site that is the entry to the Cherohala Skyway.
What is Tellico Plains known for?
Tellico Plains is home to the Charles Hall Museum. The town is also the eastern terminus of the Trans America Trail, a popular OHV route to Oregon and the Pacific Ocean.
Is Tellico Plains TN safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Tellico Plains is 1 in 32. Based on FBI crime data, Tellico Plains is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Tennessee, Tellico Plains has a crime rate that is higher than 79% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What stores are in Tellico Plains Tennessee?
The Best 10 Shopping near Tellico Plains, TN 37385
- Cherohala Market. 0.4 mi. $ Convenience Stores.
- Barn of Plenty. 0.4 mi. $ Grocery.
- Scott Street Gallery. 0.5 mi. Art Galleries.
- Bookshelf. 0.5 mi.
- Stone Cottage Shops & Gardens. 0.6 mi.
- Everhart Lumber Company. 0.5 mi.
- Moree Supermarket. 0.5 mi.
- R D Super Discount Market II. 0.5 mi.
Are there mountains in Tellico Plains?
Tellico Plains is the western gateway to the Skyway, which travels over the mountains of southeast Tennessee into North Carolina. The road passes through the lush rugged mountains of the Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests, and diverse habitats of Tennessee’s eastern border… home to an amazing variety of wildlife.
Is Tellico Plains TN a good place to live?
It is a good place to live if you do not like being around people. It can be hard to make friends. I moved to Tellico Plains, TN in 2013 from Illinois. This small town in East TN is a great community with very friendly people.
When was Tellico Plains High School built?
Monroe County, Tennessee Photos – The Olden Days. Photo Taken between 1912 and 1920. This building burned and another was build in its place in 1938. The second school building was closed and a new Tellico Plains High School was build in 1995.
Does it snow in Tellico Plains Tennessee?
Tellico Plains, Tennessee gets 55 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Tellico Plains averages 3 inches of snow per year.