- Iron City is a former city and unincorporated community in Lawrence and Wayne counties, Tennessee. The population was 167 at the 2019 census. Iron City was incorporated as a city from 1887 to 1901, and again from 1962 until 2010, its residents voting to disincorporate in the latter year.
Is Iron City TN a good place to live?
Iron City is safer versus other cities of the same size for crime. Considering only the crime rate, Iron City is as safe as the Tennessee state average and as safe as the national average.
Is Iron City TN safe?
Compare Iron City, TN Crime There is virtually no crime in this area.
What City is Iron City?
It is a minor nickname for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
What county is Iron City in?
/: What county is Iron City in? What is there to do in Iron City TN? Essential Iron City
- Blackberry Trail Golf Course. Golf Courses.
- Children’s Museum of the Shoals. Children’s Museums.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park. Game & Entertainment Centers.
- Serenity Day Spa. Spas.
- Deibert Park. Parks.
- The Shoals Golf Club – Fighting Joe Course. Golf Courses.
- Wichahpi Commemorative Stone Wall.
- River Heritage Park.
What is the zip code for Iron City TN?
Iron City was named after the iron ore found in the area. It was located on the Southern Railway route between Muscadine and Birmingham. A post office called Ironcity was established in 1889, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1935.
Is Pittsburgh the Steel City or Iron City?
The hub of the city sits where the Monongahela and Allegheny rivers converge to form the Ohio river (referred to locally as Downtown, The Point, or The Golden Triangle). Pittsburgh is called The Steel City because of the hundreds of steel-related businesses that have called this city home.
Is Iron City beer still made?
On June 11, 2009, it was reported that the brewery was moving their production to Latrobe, Pennsylvania. That move was completed and Iron City is now produced in the former Latrobe Brewery that was once used to produce Rolling Rock.