What are the major highways in Crossville TN?
- True to its name, Crossville is centered around the intersection of two major federal highways: U.S. Route 70, which traverses Tennessee from east to west, and U.S. Route 127, which traverses Tennessee from north to south. Interstate 40, which runs roughly parallel to US-70, passes through the northern part of Crossville.
- 1 What is the closest big city to Crossville Tennessee?
- 2 Is Crossville TN in Middle TN?
- 3 What is Crossville known for?
- 4 Is Crossville Tennessee a nice place to live?
- 5 What towns are near Crossville Tennessee?
- 6 Are there bears in Crossville TN?
- 7 Why is Crossville TN named Crossville?
- 8 What are the 3 regions of Tennessee?
- 9 What is the racial makeup of Crossville Tennessee?
- 10 Is Crossville Tennessee safe?
- 11 How big is Crossville?
- 12 What hospital is in Crossville Tennessee?
- 13 Is there tornadoes in Crossville Tennessee?
What is the closest big city to Crossville Tennessee?
Major cities near Crossville, TN
- 99 miles to Nashville, TN.
- 148 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY.
- 156 miles to Atlanta, GA.
- 164 miles to Louisville, KY.
- 195 miles to Birmingham, AL.
- 220 miles to Cincinnati, OH.
- 239 miles to Charlotte, NC.
- 271 miles to Indianapolis, IN.
Is Crossville TN in Middle TN?
Crossville has long been a great crossroads of East and Middle Tennessee.
What is Crossville known for?
The Golf Capital of Tennessee Crossville and Cumberland County easily lay claim to being called the “Golf Capital of Tennessee.” Situated on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau, 10 championship golf courses await golfers of all skill levels.
Is Crossville Tennessee a nice place to live?
Crossville is a nice, mostly quiet place to live. It is a simple somewhat smaller town with a few places to eat, relax, and explore. While there isn’t too many great paying jobs here it makes up in hospitality and atmosphere.
What towns are near Crossville Tennessee?
Cities 30 miles from Crossville
- 29 miles: Glen Alice, TN.
- 27 miles: Sparta, TN.
- 26 miles: Mount Crest, TN.
- 26 miles: Catoosa, TN.
- 25 miles: Muddy Pond, TN.
- 25 miles: Rockwood, TN.
- 25 miles: Spring City, TN.
- 18 miles: Clarkrange, TN.
Are there bears in Crossville TN?
Now, the state’s population of black bears — the only type of bear here, Cross said — is primarily in East Tennessee, though there is also a population of bears in the Cumberland Plateau region north of Crossville.
Why is Crossville TN named Crossville?
15] Crossville got its name around 1856 because of its strategic location on the Cumberland Plateau midway between Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. The town grew at the crossroads of the old Nashville-Knoxville Road and the Kentucky-Chattanooga Stock Road.
What are the 3 regions of Tennessee?
The state of Tennessee is divided into three sections called the Grand Divisions, and people commonly refer to themselves as being from East, Middle, or West Tennessee. These divisions are legal as well as geographic and cultural, and date back to the earliest period of European settlement.
What is the racial makeup of Crossville Tennessee?
Crossville Demographics White: 96.08% Black or African American: 1.79% Native American: 1.50% Asian: 0.33%
Is Crossville Tennessee safe?
With a crime rate of 46 per one thousand residents, Crossville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
How big is Crossville?
Crossville, Tennessee gets 56 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Crossville averages 13 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
What hospital is in Crossville Tennessee?
Cumberland Medical Center, a member of Covenant Health, is a Joint Commission fully accredited acute care facility located in Crossville, TN.
Is there tornadoes in Crossville Tennessee?
The chance of earthquake damage in Crossville is higher than Tennessee average and is lower than the national average. The risk of tornado damage in Crossville is lower than Tennessee average and is about the same as the national average.