- Cocke County is a county on the eastern border of the U.S. state of Tennessee. As of the 2010 census, the population was 35,662. Its county seat is Newport. Cocke County comprises the Newport, TN Micropolitan Statistical Area, which is part of the Knoxville – Morristown – Sevierville, Tennessee Combined Statistical Area.
- 1 Are there bears in Newport TN?
- 2 What is Cocke County Tennessee known for?
- 3 What county is Newport TN in?
- 4 Are there alligators in Tennessee?
- 5 Are mountain lions in Tennessee?
- 6 Where is Cutter Gap in the Smoky Mountains?
- 7 Which county is Morristown TN?
- 8 What county is Hartford TN in?
- 9 What county is Mt Juliet TN in?
- 10 What counties in Tennessee have mountains?
Are there bears in Newport TN?
NEWPORT, Tenn. The bear was first spotted in jeopardy on June 28 when a Newport Utilities worker saw it near the water treatment plant.
What is Cocke County Tennessee known for?
Cocke County has much to offer local residents and tourists – river rafting, many parks, hiking, biking, horseback-riding, and miles upon miles of natural untouched beauty.
What county is Newport TN in?
Cocke County, TN borders Haywood County, NC, Madison County, NC, Greene County, TN, Hamblen County, TN, Jefferson County, TN, and Sevier County, TN.
Are there alligators in Tennessee?
“ Alligators are naturally expanding their range into Tennessee from the southern border states,” the agency said in a 2018 news release. “Alligators can survive Tennessee winters by going into a hibernation-like dormancy called brumation.
Are mountain lions in Tennessee?
Cougars, Puma concolor, The cougar (Puma concolor), also known as mountain lion, panther, painter, puma, and catamount, is the largest feline animal in North America. There haven’t been any cougars in Tennessee since the early 1900s.
Where is Cutter Gap in the Smoky Mountains?
The fictional village of Cutter Gap is based on a community centered on the Chapel Hollow in the small Morgan Branch valley (NOT to be confused with Morgan Branch), a few miles west of Del Rio in Cocke County, Tennessee.
Which county is Morristown TN?
Morristown is a city in and the county seat of Hamblen County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 29,137 at the 2010 United States Census. It is the principal city of the Morristown, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Grainger, Hamblen, and Jefferson counties.
What county is Hartford TN in?
The city claiming the top spot in safety has a negative violent crime tend at -1.05 and is home to 6,739 people in 2,817 households where the median income is $43,688. With a population of 6,816 people, the city has a violent crime rate of 14.67 per 1,000 residents. Newport is just under 50 miles east of Knoxville.
What county is Mt Juliet TN in?
According to the 2020 Census, Mt. Juliet is the 6 th fastest growing city In Tennessee. Wilson County is Tennessee’s 4 th fastest growing county.
What counties in Tennessee have mountains?
This is a list of Tennessee counties on or having major areas on the “mountain”. These are in order scanning from west to east and south to north: Overton, Pickett, Fentress, Scott, Campbell, Putnam, White, Cumberland, Morgan, Warren, Van Buren, Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Franklin, and Marion.