- Asheville is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains at the confluence of the Swannanoa River and the French Broad River. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 45.3 square miles (117.2 km 2 ), of which 44.9 square miles (116.4 km 2) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.8 km 2 ), or 0.66%, is water.
- 1 Is Asheville close to Nashville?
- 2 Is Asheville in the Smoky Mountains?
- 3 Is Asheville TN safe?
- 4 Is Asheville expensive?
- 5 How far is Asheville from the beach?
- 6 What is the closest airport to Asheville?
- 7 Is Asheville a good place to retire?
- 8 Is Asheville worth visiting?
- 9 How far is Asheville from the mountains?
- 10 What percent of Asheville is black?
- 11 Is Asheville nice place to live?
- 12 How many tornadoes does Asheville NC have?
- 13 What celebrities live in Asheville?
- 14 What are the winters like in Asheville NC?
- 15 What is the minimum wage in Asheville NC?
Is Asheville close to Nashville?
Distance from Nashville, NC to Asheville, NC There are 258.35 miles from Nashville to Asheville in west direction and 292 miles (469.93 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route. Nashville and Asheville are 4 hours 33 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is Asheville in the Smoky Mountains?
Asheville is located between the Great Smoky Mountains and the Blue Ridge Mountains in the northern part of North Carolina.
Is Asheville TN safe?
With a crime rate of 71 per one thousand residents, Asheville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14.
Is Asheville expensive?
A recent analysis of economic data by the Citizen Times showed how the four-county Asheville metropolitan area became the most expensive place in North Carolina. Meanwhile, per capita income is only 84% of the national average.
How far is Asheville from the beach?
Home to The Biltmore House, America’s largest private home, Asheville boasts scenic views, a vibrant art scene and the home of writer Thomas Wolfe. Roughly 250 miles from the closest ocean-front beach, visitors to Asheville can enjoy the beach-front fun without the long drive at several nearby locations.
What is the closest airport to Asheville?
The nearest airport to Asheville is Asheville (AVL) Airport which is 11.6 miles away. Other nearby airports include Greenville/Spartanburg (GSP) (52.9 miles), Knoxville (TYS) (82.3 miles) and Charlotte (CLT) (94.9 miles).
Is Asheville a good place to retire?
For the second time in 2020, a national magazine has ranked Asheville as among the best places to retire in the nation. This time, Money.com listed Asheville as No. 7 in its article, “The 10 Best Places to Retire in America.” Earlier this year, Forbes.com ranked Asheville one of “The Best Place to Retire in 2020.”
Is Asheville worth visiting?
You can enjoy scenic mountain vistas, fun live music, locally produced food and beer, a vibrant arts scene, plus hiking and other outdoor adventure activities. I have to say it has become one of my new favorite mountain towns in the United States, and an excellent weekend vacation destination.
How far is Asheville from the mountains?
Asheville, North Carolina makes the perfect home base for a day trip to the North Carolina Smokies. Asheville is within an hour and a half drive (or less) of five key entrances to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is free to enjoy the National Park.
What percent of Asheville is black?
Asheville Demographics According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Ashevillewas: White: 84.03% Black or African American: 11.23%
Is Asheville nice place to live?
Known for its fine dining, mild climate, and array of year-long activities, Asheville provides the perfect amount of variety for potential homeowners. If you’re considering mountain living, there’s no better place than Asheville.
How many tornadoes does Asheville NC have?
A total of 15 historical tornado events that had recorded magnitude of 2 or above found in or near Asheville, NC.
What celebrities live in Asheville?
Asheville Celebrity Connections
- Warren Haynes is a legend living in our own time.
- Gladys Knight, also known as the “Empress of Soul,” resides just outside of town in Fairview.
- Steve Martin is a comedian and an entertainer at the core.
- Luke Combs, a multi-platinum country singer/songwriter, grew up in Asheville.
What are the winters like in Asheville NC?
Winter: Asheville is protected by the surrounding mountains, so we seldom have a major snowfall in the city. Highs usually run in the 40s and 50s. January, February, and March are great months to visit since these are the slowest months for visitors coming to our area.
What is the minimum wage in Asheville NC?
The minimum wage in North Carolina matches that of the federal minimum wage rate at $7.25 per hour for non-tipped employees. Exceptions to this minimum wage rate include: Tipped employees for whom the state minimum wage is $2.13 per hour as long as the hourly wage and tips together meet the minimum wage.