Time Zones in Tennessee Tennessee has 2 major time zones observed, the east parts are in the Eastern Time Zone, and the west parts are in the Central Time Zone. Cities in Eastern Standard Time Zone include Johnson City, Greeneville, Mornstown, Knoxville, Harrogate, Chattanooga, Harriman, Lenoir City.
What Tennessee counties are in Eastern Time Zone?
- East Tennessee comprises approximately the eastern third of the U.S. state of Tennessee, one of the three Grand Divisions of Tennessee defined in state law. East Tennessee consists of 33 counties, 30 located within the Eastern Time Zone and three counties in the Central Time Zone, namely Bledsoe, Cumberland, and Marion.
- 1 Where does the time zone change from Central to Eastern in Tennessee?
- 2 Where does Tennessee split time zone?
- 3 Where does the time zone change from Eastern to Central?
- 4 What are the two time zones in Tennessee?
- 5 Where does the Eastern Time Zone start?
- 6 Where does Central time start Kentucky?
- 7 Where are the time zones?
- 8 Which states are in Central Time Zone?
- 9 What is Eastern US time zone called?
Where does the time zone change from Central to Eastern in Tennessee?
West and Middle Tennessee, along with the Marion County observes the Central Time. The Eastern Time is used in East Tennessee, except Marion County.
Where does Tennessee split time zone?
Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, North and South Dakota are divided between Central and Mountain time zones. Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee are split between Eastern and Central time zones. Alaska is split between the Alaska time zone and the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone.
Where does the time zone change from Eastern to Central?
Those are Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee. View the boundary line between eastern and central Time Zones. Five other states are in both the central and mountain time zones. Those are Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas.
What are the two time zones in Tennessee?
About 73 percent of the counties in the state of Tennessee lie in the Central Time Zone, mostly the western and middle grand divisions, while East Tennessee is mostly in the Eastern Time Zone except for three counties in that division.
Where does the Eastern Time Zone start?
The Eastern Time Zone includes the state of Connecticut, Delaware, part of Florida, Georgia, part of Indiana, part of Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, part of Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, part of Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia
Where does Central time start Kentucky?
Time Zones in Kentucky Cities in the Central Time Zone include Glasgow, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Madisonville, Henderson, Russellville, Hopkinsville, Princeton, Paducah and Murray.
Where are the time zones?
From east to west they are Atlantic Standard Time (AST), Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST), Mountain Standard Time (MST), Pacific Standard Time (PST), Alaskan Standard Time (AKST), Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST), Samoa standard time (UTC-11) and Chamorro Standard Time (UTC+10).
Which states are in Central Time Zone?
Ten states are contained entirely in the Central Time Zone:
What is Eastern US time zone called?
Eastern Standard Time (EST) or UTC/GMT -5 The Eastern Time Zone is also known as Eastern Standard Time (EST) falls mostly along the east coast of North America. Its time offset is −5 hours (UTC/GMT -5) during standard time and −4 hours (UTC/GMT -4) during daylight saving time.