According to preliminary damage estimates and radar returns, Cohen said, the tornadoes probably occurred in Davidson, Robertson, Cheatham, Sumner, Trousdale, Jackson, Smith, Dekalb, White, Bedford and Cumberland counties.
- A small but deadly tornado outbreak affected West and Middle Tennessee on the night of March 2 and into the morning of March 3, 2020, including a high-end EF3 tornado that hit Nashville and Mount Juliet, becoming the 6th costliest tornado in United States history, and a violent EF4 tornado that impacted areas in and just west of Cookeville.
- 1 Where did the tornado hit today in Tennessee?
- 2 Where did the tornado hit in Cookeville Tennessee?
- 3 Where was the Nashville tornado 2020?
- 4 Did a tornado touchdown in Tennessee?
- 5 Where did the tornado hit in Gallatin TN?
- 6 When did the tornado hit Cookeville TN?
- 7 Is Cookeville TN in Tornado Alley?
- 8 Did a tornado touch down in Cookeville Tennessee?
- 9 Did the tornado hit Mt Juliet TN?
- 10 How many tornadoes did Tennessee have in 2021?
- 11 What time did the tornado hit Mt Juliet Tennessee?
Where did the tornado hit today in Tennessee?
According to the National Weather Service, the tornado touched down near the Atoka and Munford area. Damage was reported on Camp Ground Road, Atoka, Tennessee and from the 2300 block to the 2600 block of Glen Springs Road, Munford, Tennessee.
Where did the tornado hit in Cookeville Tennessee?
Facebook. According to the National Weather Service, the tornado touched down near South Willow Avenue and Winston Drive in Cookeville.
Where was the Nashville tornado 2020?
The tornado caused significant damage to the areas of Germantown, North Nashville East Nashville/Five Points, Donelson, Mt. Juliet and the John C. Tune Airport. The tornado that moved through Nashville was one of 15 confirmed tornadoes from the outbreak.
Did a tornado touchdown in Tennessee?
— As storms swept through East Tennessee bringing heavy rain and strong winds on Friday, the National Weather Service confirmed that an EF-0 tornado touched down in Putnam County. WSMV, a sister station in Nashville, said that the tornado touched down for a brief period of time and was around 75 yards wide.
Where did the tornado hit in Gallatin TN?
THE TORNADO SET DOWN SOUTHEAST OF GALLATIN NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF HARSH LANE AND HILTON LANE. AS IT TOUCH DOWNED THE DAMAGE PATH WAS 300 YARDS WIDE AND INCREASED TO A 1/2 MILE WIDE DAMAGE PATH AS IT MOVED THROUGH THE COMMUNITY OF CASTALIAN SPRINGS IN EASTERN SUMNER COUNTY.
When did the tornado hit Cookeville TN?
(WHSV) – March 2nd, 2020, several supercells produced deadly tornadoes in Tennessee. The powerful storms passed through the state in the middle of the night. In a matter of hours, 10 tornadoes touched down across the state between 11 pm and 2:30 am.
Is Cookeville TN in Tornado Alley?
Tennessee is not part of Tornado Alley but it is a part of Dixie Alley, a term coined to describe the southeastern parts of the United States that have a higher risk of developing tornadoes.
Did a tornado touch down in Cookeville Tennessee?
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. The National Weather Service confirmed an EF0 tornado that happened around 2 p.m. was 75 yards wide, reaching the east side of Cookeville. Moderate damage was reported to multiple structures in the area.
Did the tornado hit Mt Juliet TN?
MOUNT JULIET, TN (WSMV) – A Mount Juliet family is now back in their home after the March 2020 tornado destroyed it.
How many tornadoes did Tennessee have in 2021?
So far in 2021, there have been twenty-four tornadoes reported in Middle Tennessee. The average number per year since 1950 is only nine.
What time did the tornado hit Mt Juliet Tennessee?
James and Donna Eaton, married for 58 years, died side-by-side in their Mt. Juliet home. Nineteen deaths were reported when an EF-4 tornado hit Putnam County just after 1:45 a.m., damaging dozens of homes and businesses and injuring 88 other people.