- Alcoa is the cheapest place to live in Tennessee. The median home value is around $146,500 and monthly apartment rentals are around $700 per month. There are also many other affordable cities in Tennessee that attract many people to move to the state.
- 1 Where is the cheapest place to buy a house in Tennessee?
- 2 What county in Tennessee is the cheapest to live in?
- 3 Where is the best place to buy property in Tennessee?
- 4 Is Tennessee a cheap place to live?
- 5 What is the best small town to live in in Tennessee?
- 6 Where is the cheapest safest place to live?
- 7 Is it cheaper to live in TN or NC?
- 8 What is the most miserable city in Tennessee?
- 9 Why are houses so cheap in Tennessee?
- 10 Is it cheaper to live in Georgia or Tennessee?
- 11 What are the dangers of living in Tennessee?
- 12 Where is the safest place to live in Tennessee?
Where is the cheapest place to buy a house in Tennessee?
Memphis. Memphis is by far the most affordable of Tennessee’s major cities. With a population of over 650,000 and growing, Memphis is the second largest city in Tennessee and 25th largest in the United States. And with a median home value of $85,900, Memphis offers big city amenities at a fraction of the cost.
What county in Tennessee is the cheapest to live in?
The cheapest county to live in is Van Buren County with a median home price of $98,000. There are 10 especially affordable cities with lots to offer in Tennessee, where many have relocated.
Where is the best place to buy property in Tennessee?
Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Tennessee
- Nashville, Tennessee. Definitely the most popular tourist destination in Tennessee, Nashville secured a spot as one of the best places to invest in real estate in 2018.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- Knoxville, Tennessee.
Is Tennessee a cheap place to live?
While visiting the most popular attractions is a must-do for any traveler, Tennessee is also an affordable place to live. While you’ll find million-dollar mansions scattered throughout the state in places like Brentwood and Forest Hills, in most cities the median housing prices are reasonable.
What is the best small town to live in in Tennessee?
Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is another one of our favorite small towns in Tennessee because there are so many things to do. The town is situated right near the Great Smoky Mountains, which makes it a great stop on any mountain trips. Gatlinburg is a wonderful small town in Tennessee that has something to interest everyone.
Where is the cheapest safest place to live?
America’s Safest (and Most Affordable) Places to Live
- Aurora, Illinois.
- Killeen, Texas.
- Lubbock, Texas.
- Boise, Idaho. Metro area: Boise City-Nampa.
- Edmond, Oklahoma. Metro area: Oklahoma City.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana. Metro area: Fort Wayne.
- El Paso, Texas. Metro area: El Paso.
- Brownsville, Texas. Metro area: Brownsville-Harlingen.
Is it cheaper to live in TN or NC?
Tennessee is 4.3% cheaper than North Carolina.
What is the most miserable city in Tennessee?
(The Center Square) – Knoxville was ranked the worst place to live among all the cities in Tennessee, according to a 24/7 Wall St. analysis examining communities where households have the most difficulties pursuing happiness and fulfillment.
Why are houses so cheap in Tennessee?
This is mostly due to the majority of the state being in rural areas and the lack of a state income tax. While cities such as Nashville have high housing costs, this is balanced by below average costs of transportation, healthcare and child care.
Is it cheaper to live in Georgia or Tennessee?
South Carolina and Georgia are the most expensive states to live in the Southeast, and Tennessee is the least expensive state to live in with low property taxes and no state income tax. Collecting data for cost of living and tax burden can be, well, taxing.
What are the dangers of living in Tennessee?
Be careful of the dangers, y’all – we warned ya. Without further ado, here are some of the biggest risks of living in Tennessee. Here Are The 9 Biggest Risks Living In The State of Tennessee
- Rapid weather changes.
- Stars in your eyes.
- Rabid football fans.
- Too much of a good thing.
Where is the safest place to live in Tennessee?
Here are SafeWise’s top 20 safest cities in Tennessee:
- Church Hill. Population: 6,671.
- Signal Mountain. Population: 8,605.
- Mount Carmel. Population: 5,295.
- Oakland. Population: 8,323.
- Whiteville. Population: 4,466.
- Camden. Population: 3,573.
- Pleasant View. Population: 4,686.
- Brentwood. Population: 43,217.