Tennessee Deer Seasons
|August Season||Aug. 27-29|
|Archery||Sept. 25-Oct. 29 and Nov. 1-5|
|Young Sportsman||Oct. 30-31|
|General Season||Nov. 20-Jan. 2|
When does deer season start in Tennessee?
- Deer, turkey and bear will be fair game in Tennessee after big game hunting season starts in full Sept. 22. The 2018 season technically began Aug. 24 with an archery -only antlered deer hunt, known as the velvet hunt, since that is the time when deer begin shedding their antlers.
- 1 What part of Tennessee has the best deer hunting?
- 2 How many deer can you hunt in Tennessee?
- 3 What can you hunt year round in Tennessee?
- 4 Can you hunt on your own land without a license in Tennessee?
- 5 What is the biggest deer killed in Tennessee?
- 6 Where are the biggest deer in Tennessee?
- 7 Can you hunt deer over bait in Tennessee?
- 8 What guns can you hunt deer with in Tennessee?
- 9 Are there elk in Tennessee?
- 10 Can you hunt on Sundays in Tennessee?
- 11 Is there a coyote season in Tennessee?
- 12 Can you shoot a bobcat in TN?
- 13 What is considered big game in Tennessee?
What part of Tennessee has the best deer hunting?
Determining the Best Counties The dark green shaded counties have the most dense deer populations in Tennessee. Wayne and Hickman counties are the only two counties that meet both of these criteria. Wayne county had a harvest percentage rate of 2.4% and Hickman county had a harvest rate percentage of 2.1%.
How many deer can you hunt in Tennessee?
The statewide bag limit is two (2) antlered deer (one per day, not to exceed 2 for the license year). The statewide bag limit of two (2) antlered deer may be exceeded if taken as a bonus deer, if taken under the Earn-A-Buck Program in Unit CWD, or if taken as a Replacement Buck.
What can you hunt year round in Tennessee?
Training of bird dogs and squirrel dogs is permitted year-round on private lands, during daylight hours only. Training of rabbit dogs is permitted year-round on private lands day and night. The chasing of foxes with hounds is permitted year-round, day and night.
Can you hunt on your own land without a license in Tennessee?
If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. Landowners, their spouses, and children who hunt on farmland which is owned by said landowners. The aforementioned must be residents of Tennessee but need not reside on the land.
What is the biggest deer killed in Tennessee?
Logan Hanks killed a unique cryptorchid buck, also known as a velvet or cactus buck, in northwest Tennessee with a giant 13-point rack that scored 191 inches. Tennessee hunter Logan Hanks had seen the giant buck for years on game camera photos.
Where are the biggest deer in Tennessee?
A Tennessee hunter’s 47-point whitetail buck has officially been accepted as the new hunter-taken, non-typical world record by the Boone and Crockett Club after being scored by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency’s B&C scorers. Stephen Tucker killed the deer in Sumner County, TN.
Can you hunt deer over bait in Tennessee?
Deer baiting (for the purpose of hunting) is not legal in Tennessee. Many Tennessee hunters have long argued against legalizing baiting saying it simply isn’t ethical.
What guns can you hunt deer with in Tennessee?
During archery deer/bear seasons a properly licensed big game hunter may use air guns. 25 caliber or smaller to hunt small game while archery hunting for deer/bear. During the muzzleloader and gun deer/bear season, a legal deer or bear hunter may use rimfire or air guns. 25 caliber or smaller to hunt small game.
Are there elk in Tennessee?
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) decided to reintroduce elk to the state in the late 1990s. There were 201 Elk in total that were released over a period of eight years. It is currently estimated that the Tennessee elk herd numbers are a little over 400.
Can you hunt on Sundays in Tennessee?
The new law opens up all Sundays. In Tennessee and our neighboring states it is difficult to imagine a law restricting our right to hunt on Sunday. Today, most blue laws have been repealed except for restrictions on Sunday alcohol sales and the ban on Sunday hunting in those 10 states.
Is there a coyote season in Tennessee?
Hunting Season Coyotes may be hunted year-round in Tennessee. There is no bag limit.
Can you shoot a bobcat in TN?
(2) Shotguns loaded with single ball or slug ammunition are prohibited for hunting all wildlife except deer, bear, and wild hogs except as follows: Coyotes and bobcats may be taken by big game hunters while hunting big game with any legal big game weapon or ammunition.
What is considered big game in Tennessee?
Big game animals taken in Tennessee must be tagged and reported at “check-in” stations after they’re killed. Big game animals include deer, elk, bear, and turkey.