What are fun things to do in Knoxville Tennessee?
- Best Attractions and Things to Do around Knoxville. Not only does Knoxville offer a number of attractions within the city limits, there are plenty of things to do in nearby Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains. From theme parks and camping, to train rides, museums, and other outdoor recreation, Knoxville has plenty of options for travelers.
- 1 Is there anything to do in Knoxville Tennessee?
- 2 Is Knoxville TN worth visiting?
- 3 What is Knoxville Tennessee best known for?
- 4 How do I spend a day in Knoxville TN?
- 5 What street is downtown Knoxville?
- 6 What food is Knoxville known for?
- 7 Is it better to visit Nashville or Knoxville?
- 8 What city is halfway between Nashville and Knoxville?
- 9 Is Knoxville safer than Nashville?
- 10 Why is Knoxville called scruffy city?
- 11 Is downtown Knoxville safe?
- 12 Is Nashville close to Knoxville?
- 13 Does Knoxville have a downtown?
- 14 How far is Knoxville from the mountains?
- 15 What is there to do in Knoxville at night?
Is there anything to do in Knoxville Tennessee?
- Zoo Knoxville.
- Navitat Knoxville.
- Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Historic Homes of Knoxville.
- Star of Knoxville Riverboat.
- Three Rivers Rambler.
- Maple Hall.
Is Knoxville TN worth visiting?
Most tourists visit Knoxville because of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the University of Tennessee. It’s also home of the 1982 World’s Fair where the world was introduced to Cherry Coke, shelf-stable milk, and touchscreen displays.
What is Knoxville Tennessee best known for?
Knoxville offers a lot to its locals and visitors. The city has great Southern food, a beautiful renovated downtown and some of the most die-hard sports fans you’ll ever meet. It is also the Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, so you’re only a brief road trip away from all the Smoky Mountains have to offer.
How do I spend a day in Knoxville TN?
- Grab a cup of coffee and a pastry at Coffee & Chocolate.
- Stroll over to Market Square for some great local shopping.
- Enjoy a free live concert with WDVX at NOON at the Visitors Center.
- Venture over to Zoo Knoxville where the giraffes eat right out of your hand.
What street is downtown Knoxville?
Since the 1790s, Gay Street has played a primary role in Knoxville’s historical and cultural development. This popular thoroughfare runs through a vibrant downtown that features historic theatres, museums, galleries, parks, shops, rooftop bars and more than 75 restaurants within less than one square mile.
What food is Knoxville known for?
Where to Eat in Knoxville
- Barbecue: Sweet P’s BBQ and Soul House.
- Pizza: Hard Knox Pizzeria.
- Burgers: Stock and Barrel.
- Ice Cream: Cruze Farm.
- Jazz Brunch: Downtown Grill and Brewery.
- Vegan Eats: Sanctuary Vegan Cafe.
- Steak: Ye Olde Steak House.
- Biscuits and Gravy: The Tomato Head.
Is it better to visit Nashville or Knoxville?
Nashville is home to wonderful shopping districts like 12 South, Hillsboro Village, and Edgehill, and the food scene is easily the best in the state. Winner: While Knoxville has a rich community spirit, Nashville’s food, music, art, and shopping scenes are unparalleled.
What city is halfway between Nashville and Knoxville?
Halfway between Knoxville and Nashville The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Monterey (Tennessee).
Is Knoxville safer than Nashville?
According to the report, higher than average crime rates in Memphis and Nashville kept Tennessee out of the discussion of the country’s safest states. Knoxville was ranked at the bottom of the list behind Nashville. Knoxville had 10,335 reported crimes in 2019.
Why is Knoxville called scruffy city?
Knoxville was referred to as a “scruffy little city,” in 1980 by the Wall Street Journal in reference to its bid to host the World’s Fair. Since then, Knoxville planted thousands of trees and invested in its rich history – all while embracing the name.
Is downtown Knoxville safe?
According to the website niche.com, Knoxville gets good grades in every category except crime. According to their stats, we have roughly twice as much crime in most categories as other cities.
Is Nashville close to Knoxville?
A: Knoxville is about 180 miles from Nashville when traveling along I-40. It takes approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes to travel between the two cities along the most direct route.
Does Knoxville have a downtown?
The heart and soul of East Tennessee – that’s Downtown Knoxville!
How far is Knoxville from the mountains?
The drive from Knoxville to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is 60.3 miles (97 km).
What is there to do in Knoxville at night?
10 Date Night Ideas in Knoxville
- Knoxville Botanical Garden and Arboretum. The Knoxville Botanical Gardens are located on the historic Howell Nurseries.
- Sunsphere/World’s Fair Park.
- Market Square.
- First Fridays.
- Ijams Nature Center.
- Knox Mason.
- Suttree’s High Gravity Tavern.
- Knoxville Museum of Art.