Restaurants and bars may serve alcohol by the drink from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays. On Sundays they may sell from 10 a.m. until 3 a.m. It’s illegal to sell alcoholic beverages on January First, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25th.
- Under Tennessee state law, the sale of packaged liquor is prohibited on Sunday. Packaged liquor may be sold between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The sale of packaged beer and wine is prohibited on Sunday. Packaged beer and wine may be sold between 6:00 a.m. and midnight, Monday through Saturday.
- 1 Can you buy alcohol after 10 in Tennessee?
- 2 Can you buy alcohol after 12 in Tennessee?
- 3 Is there an alcohol curfew in Tennessee?
- 4 How late do they sell beer in Tennessee?
- 5 Can you still get alcohol to go in Tennessee?
- 6 Can you drink at 18 in Tennessee?
- 7 Can minors drink with parents in Tennessee?
- 8 What counties in TN are dry?
- 9 Why is Tennessee a dry state?
- 10 Can you drink at midnight on your 21st birthday in Tennessee?
- 11 What states can you drink at 18?
- 12 What time do gas stations stop selling beer in Tennessee?
- 13 Can you drink beer in a car in Tennessee?
- 14 What time does Nashville stop serving alcohol?
Can you buy alcohol after 10 in Tennessee?
As a result of this new law, grocery stores and liquor stores will be permitted to sell beer, wine, and liquor from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day of the week. However, liquor will remain unavailable on Easter, Labor Day, New Year’s Day, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Can you buy alcohol after 12 in Tennessee?
beginning at 12:00 noon through 3:00 a.m. Monday morning. Retail package stores may sell alcoholic beverages on Sundays between the hours of 10:00 am and 11:00 pm. Retail package stores is prohibited to sell alcoholic beverages on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.
Is there an alcohol curfew in Tennessee?
Beginning January 1, 2019, retail food stores may only sell wine between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. on Monday through Saturday and between 10:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. on Sunday.
How late do they sell beer in Tennessee?
What time can you buy beer in TN? Packaged liquor may be sold between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Packaged beer and wine may be sold between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, and between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., Monday through Saturday.
Can you still get alcohol to go in Tennessee?
There’s good news, if you enjoyed getting to-go alcohol during the pandemic. A new state law just went into effect July 1st, allowing that to continue on a trial-run basis for the next two years.
Can you drink at 18 in Tennessee?
It is fairly well-known that the legal drinking age is 21, making the consumption of alcohol for anyone under this age limit illegal.
Can minors drink with parents in Tennessee?
Underage Drinking Laws in Tennessee While many states provide exceptions for alcohol consumption of a minor at home, when supervised by a parent, or for educational purposes, Tennessee has very limited exceptions to illegal possession or consumption of alcohol by anyone under age 21.
What counties in TN are dry?
- Crockett County.
- Fentress County.
- Hancock County.
- Houston County.
- Lake County.
- Meigs County.
- Moore County (Despite being home to Jack Daniel’s Distillery, Moore County itself had been completely dry.
- Stewart County.
Why is Tennessee a dry state?
Still, many of these states have no dry communities. Three states—Kansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee— are entirely dry by default: counties specifically must authorize the sale of alcohol in order for it to be legal and subject to state liquor control laws.
Can you drink at midnight on your 21st birthday in Tennessee?
The myth has been debunked, and unfortunately for early 21st celebrators, the festivities cannot begin until the clock strikes midnight. So according to state law, a person whose birthday is on March 13 can legally enter a bar and consume alcohol at midnight that morning, but cannot do so up to 11:59 p.m. on March 12.
What states can you drink at 18?
Plus, in North Carolina, you can pour beer and wine at eighteen, but not liquor until you are 21. As you can see, it quickly gets confusing when it comes to the minimum legal age and liquor. There are only five states with no exceptions to the federal law: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, New Hampshire, and West Virginia.
What time do gas stations stop selling beer in Tennessee?
They may do so from 8:00 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. They must close on Sundays. Restaurants and bars may serve alcohol by the drink from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays. On Sundays they may sell from 10 a.m. until 3 a.m.
Can you drink beer in a car in Tennessee?
Passengers are free to consume alcoholic beverages if they are of legal drinking age. The law is applicable to any driver who is physically operating a motor vehicle or when the vehicle is ON and stationary. A violation of the Tennessee Open Container Law is a Class C misdemeanor.
What time does Nashville stop serving alcohol?
Under state law, liquor-by-the-drink sales must currently stop at 3 a.m. and can begin again at 8 a.m. Metro prohibits beer sales in Nashville between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m.