Can you buy beer on Sunday in Tennessee?
- A new law headed to the Governor’s desk could allow you to wait until the next day: SUNDAY. It was previously against the law for wine and liquor to be sold on Sundays at retail stores in Tennessee. However, citizens were able to enjoy their beer if they buy it at grocery and convenience stores.
- 1 What time can I buy beer in TN on Sunday?
- 2 When can you buy beer at Kroger in Tennessee?
- 3 Can I buy beer on Easter?
- 4 Do they sell beer in Tennessee on Sunday?
- 5 What time does Kroger stop selling alcohol?
- 6 What time does Publix start selling beer?
- 7 Can you buy beer on Easter in Tennessee?
- 8 Do they sell alcohol on Easter?
- 9 Can you drink on Easter Sunday?
- 10 Can alcohol be sold on Easter?
- 11 Can you buy alcohol on Sunday in Chattanooga TN?
What time can I buy beer in TN on Sunday?
The law aligns hours of wine sales with beer sales. That means liquor stores can sell alcoholic beverages between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. on Sundays, unless otherwise defined by the jurisdiction.
When can you buy beer at Kroger in Tennessee?
Most Kroger stores start selling alcohol between 6 am, and 9 am.
Can I buy beer on Easter?
It is forbidden to sell alcohol on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, unless it comes with a meal. This means you can drink at a bar if you’re also eating, but you can’t buy a six-pack from a liquor store.
Do they sell beer in Tennessee on Sunday?
The Sunday sale of wine and liquor is now legal in stores across Tennessee. In addition to Sunday sales of wine, retail liquor stores will be able to sell spirits, beer and any other item allowed to be sold by a retail liquor store. On Sundays.
What time does Kroger stop selling alcohol?
Usually, the Kroger liquor stores close at 10 pm from Monday to Thursday, at 11 pm on Friday and Saturday, and at 9 pm on Sunday.
What time does Publix start selling beer?
Generally, Publix starts selling alcohol between 7 am and 9 am when most of its stores open and stops selling alcohol, at around 10 pm when its stores close in most of the southeast states.
Can you buy beer on Easter in Tennessee?
Current law let Tennesseans buy beer, wine and spirits from stores and restaurants on Labor Day, New Year’s Day and July 4th. Alcoholic Beverages – As introduced, removes the prohibition on retail sales of alcoholic beverages and wine on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. – Amends TCA Title 57.
Do they sell alcohol on Easter?
The law forbids most sales of alcohol on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, and while there are loopholes, they’re not exactly easy to jump through. But they’re still out of luck on Good Friday.
Can you drink on Easter Sunday?
The festival of Lent (40 days of fasting and abstinence leading up to Easter) ends at midnight on Holy Saturday – meaning there are no restrictions on what you can eat or drink on Easter Sunday. Furthermore, traditionally Lent doesn’t even restrict consumption of alcohol.
Can alcohol be sold on Easter?
Wine, beer and spirits are allowed to be sold in grocery stores. California has quite lenient laws about liquor promotion but counties can restrict sales with local laws. Sale of alcohol 76.5% ABV or higher is illegal. Off-premise sales are not allowed on Sunday or holidays. Beer can be sold in grocery stores.
Can you buy alcohol on Sunday in Chattanooga TN?
Shoppers can now buy wine on Sundays in Tennessee grocery stores. Governor Bill Haslam signed the bill into law in April 2018. Liquor stores were allowed to start selling wine and liquor on Sundays immediately, while retail stores had to wait. Stores can sell alcoholic beverages on Sundays from 10 AM until 11 PM.