Tennessee borders eight other US states, Kentucky and Virginia to the north, North Carolina to the east, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia in the south, Arkansas and Missouri along the Mississippi River in the west.
- It is bordered by Kentucky to the north, Virginia to the northeast, North Carolina to the east, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to the south, Arkansas to the southwest, and Missouri to the northwest. Tennessee is geographically, culturally, and legally divided into three Grand Divisions of East, Middle, and West Tennessee.
- 1 What are the states that border Tennessee?
- 2 Is Kentucky above Tennessee?
- 3 What part of Kentucky is closest to Tennessee?
- 4 Does South Carolina border Tennessee?
- 5 What are people from Tennessee called?
- 6 What is the capital of Tennessee?
- 7 What state borders Tennessee to the east?
- 8 What cities are in East Tennessee?
- 9 Is Tennessee before Kentucky?
- 10 What state is above Kentucky?
- 11 What part of Tennessee is close to Atlanta?
- 12 Does it snow in Tennessee?
- 13 What food is Tennessee known for?
- 14 Is Florida near Tennessee?
What are the states that border Tennessee?
Its extreme breadth of 432 miles (695 km) stretches from the Appalachian Mountain boundary with North Carolina in the east to the Mississippi River borders with Missouri and Arkansas in the west; its narrow width, only 112 miles (180 km), separates its northern neighbours, Kentucky and Virginia, from Georgia, Alabama,
Is Kentucky above Tennessee?
Kentucky is centralized between seven states. To the north lies Oho, Indiana, and Illinois. Virginia, and West Virginia border Kentucky in east, and Tennessee is to the south.
What part of Kentucky is closest to Tennessee?
(WVLT) – Middlesboro, Kentucky rests on the border between the Bluegrass State and the Volunteer State. Nearly two hours from Lexington, and an hour and a half from Knoxville, in this town there are fans of both Tennessee and Kentucky.
Does South Carolina border Tennessee?
Tennessee is bordered to the south by three states; Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. In 1732, South Carolina was divided into South Carolina and Georgia.
What are people from Tennessee called?
Tennessee. People who live in Tennessee are called Tennesseans.
What is the capital of Tennessee?
Nashville, also called Nashville-Davidson, city, capital (1843) of Tennessee, U.S., and seat (1784–1963) of Davidson county. Nashville lies on the Cumberland River in the north-central part of the state. It is the centre of an urbanized area that also embraces parts of seven surrounding counties.
What state borders Tennessee to the east?
Tennessee is bordered by Kentucky and Virginia in the north, North Carolina in the east, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi in the south, and Arkansas and Missouri in the west. Its wiggly western border is formed by the Mississippi River.
What cities are in East Tennessee?
- 1 Alcoa – McGhee Tyson Knoxville Airport.
- 2 Bristol – Home of Bristol Motor Speedway.
- 3 Chattanooga – Home of the Chattanooga Choo Choo and the Tennessee Aquarium.
- 4 Cleveland – A City with Spirit.
- 5 Crossville – Golf Capital of Tennessee and the Cumberland County Playhouse.
- 6 Dayton – Bible versus Darwin on trial.
Is Tennessee before Kentucky?
Location map of Kentucky in the US. Kentucky, officially the Commonwealth of Kentucky, is one of the 50 US states located in the east south-central region along the west side of the Appalachian Mountains, an area known as the Upland South. Kentucky borders Virginia to the southeast, and Tennessee to the south.
What state is above Kentucky?
Kentucky borders seven states, from the Midwest and the Southeast. West Virginia lies to the northeast, Virginia to the east, Tennessee to the south, Missouri to the west, Illinois to the northwest, and Indiana and Ohio to the north.
What part of Tennessee is close to Atlanta?
The best city between Tennessee and Atlanta, GA to meet is Chattanooga, Tennessee which is about 5 miles from the exact midpoint. The town that marks the exact halfway point is actually Tiftonia, Tennessee. The closest zip code to the midpoint is 37409.
Does it snow in Tennessee?
Before we answer the question “where does it snow in Tennessee?”, we thought it was worth going over when it snows in this southern state. What is this? Generally, Tennessee sees snow during January and February. In the cities in Tennessee, it snows far less, and the average snowfall is more like 1 or 2 inches.
What food is Tennessee known for?
Taste of Tennessee
- Sweet tea. No Southern meal is complete without a glass of sweet tea.
- RC Cola and Moon Pie. First invented at Chattanooga Bakery, moon pies are a Tennessee tradition.
- Country ham. Country ham is arguably Tennessee’s most famous delicacy.
- Fried catfish.
- Stack cake.
- Memphis Ribs.
- Jack Daniels.
Is Florida near Tennessee?
Distance from Florida to Tennessee The shortest distance (air line) between Florida and Tennessee is 618.80 mi (995.87 km). The shortest route between Florida and Tennessee is 710.64 mi (1,143.67 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx. 13h 44min.