- www.chattanoogastate.edu. Cleveland State Community College.
- www.clevelandstatecc.edu. Columbia State Community College.
- www.columbiastate.edu. Dyersburg State Community College.
- www.dscc.edu. Jackson State Community College.
- www.jscc.edu. Motlow State Community College.
What is the Tennessee Promise Scholarship?
- Tennessee Promise is both a scholarship and mentoring program focused on increasing the number of students that attend college in our state. It provides students a last-dollar scholarship, meaning it will cover mandatory tuition and fees not covered by the Pell Grant, the HOPE scholarship, TSAA, SEOG, or other outside scholarship funds.
- 1 Where can you use TN promise?
- 2 Is TN promise only for community college?
- 3 Can you use TN promise at MTSU?
- 4 Does the University of Tennessee accept Tennessee Promise?
- 5 Does TN Promise cover trade schools?
- 6 Does TN Promise cover summer classes?
- 7 Who qualifies for the Promise program?
- 8 Is Tennessee Promise only for high school seniors?
- 9 What is the minimum GPA for Tennessee Promise?
- 10 Is Tennessee Tech a Tennessee Promise school?
- 11 What is the difference between Tennessee Promise and Hope Scholarship?
- 12 What are the Hope Scholarship requirements?
- 13 How long does UT promise last?
- 14 How do I get a full ride at University of Tennessee?
- 15 Does Tennessee Promise apply to UTC?
Where can you use TN promise?
Students can use the Tennessee Promise at any of Tennessee’s 27 colleges of applied technology (TCATs), 13 community colleges or any in-‐state independent or four-‐year public university offering an associate’s degree.
Is TN promise only for community college?
Overview. Tennessee Promise provides Tennessee high school graduates the opportunity to attend a community or technical college free of tuition and mandatory fees. Students may use the scholarship at any of the College System of Tennessee’s 13 community colleges or 27 colleges of applied technology.
Can you use TN promise at MTSU?
MTSU this spring announced an aggressive move to recruit high school students even before they are targeted by Tennessee Promise. Eligible high school students will be able to take two college classes for free, as long as they have an Internet connection.
Does the University of Tennessee accept Tennessee Promise?
UT Promise is an undergraduate scholarship program guaranteeing free tuition and mandatory fees for qualifying Tennessee residents attending UT’s campuses in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Martin, Memphis and Pulaski.
Does TN Promise cover trade schools?
Seniors may apply for the Tennessee Promise scholarship, which will provide two years of tuition-free attendance at a community or technical college in Tennessee.
Does TN Promise cover summer classes?
The Promise Program covers summer tuition for students who enroll in 12 units or more.
Who qualifies for the Promise program?
To be eligible to the Promise program you need to: Graduate from a local (California graduates) high school in this current year. Complete the required FAFSA or Dream Act application. Be a California resident or eligible by your AB 540/Dream Act Status.
Is Tennessee Promise only for high school seniors?
But high school seniors must apply now. TN Promise program offers free college tuition to any graduating high school senior in the state. The deadline to apply is quickly approaching.
What is the minimum GPA for Tennessee Promise?
In order to keep Tennessee Promise, students must meet all deadlines and requirements, including the following: Maintain full-time enrollment with a minimum of 12 hours per semester. Maintain a 2.0 GPA. Complete eight hours of community service prior to each semester of enrollment.
Is Tennessee Tech a Tennessee Promise school?
The Tech Promise is a four-year scholarship and will cover tuition and mandatory fees at Tennessee Tech for eligible students. If a student is eligible, Tech Promise will automatically be awarded to them.
What is the difference between Tennessee Promise and Hope Scholarship?
The Tennessee Promise Scholarship covers the full tuition for an associate’s degree at certain eligible schools including community colleges, colleges of applied technology, and select private or public universities. The Tennessee Hope Scholarship is what you would think of as a typical scholarship.
What are the Hope Scholarship requirements?
A HOPE Scholarship recipient must graduate from high school with a minimum 3.00 grade point average (as calculated by GSFC) and maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative postsecondary grade point average to remain eligible.
How long does UT promise last?
As a last-dollar scholarship, UT Promise guarantees in-state students free tuition and fees for up to four years (eight semesters) AFTER other financial aid is received, such as the HOPE scholarship, Pell Grants or other institutional scholarships.
How do I get a full ride at University of Tennessee?
more Scholarship for incoming freshmen enrolled full-time at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Students must have a minimum 3.7 GPA, a minimum 29 ACT score or a minimum 1280 SAT score, and demonstrate leadership skills, community service, and athletic accomplishments. Number of awards may vary.
Does Tennessee Promise apply to UTC?
It will provide free tuition to qualifying residents in Tennessee to UTC, UT Knoxville and UT Martin.