A Social Security Number is required to purchase a Tennessee hunting or fishing license. *Supplemental Licenses (Types 005, 009, 010, or 011) are required and must be purchased, in addition to the Type 001 license, in order to hunt deer, bear, boar (feral hog), turkey, and waterfowl.
- To hunt migratory game birds, you need: Hunting and Fishing Combination license; Tennessee Migratory Bird Permit (HIP permit) To hunt waterfowl, you need: Hunting and Fishing Combination license; Waterfowl Supplemental license; Tennessee Migratory Bird Permit (HIP permit) Federal Duck Stamp; To hunt big game (bear, deer, and turkey), you need: Hunting and Fishing Combination license
- 1 What all does Tennessee sportsman license cover?
- 2 Is turkey considered small game in TN?
- 3 What is a WMA permit in Tennessee?
- 4 Can I hunt on my own land without a license in TN?
- 5 What is a Type 94 permit in TN?
- 6 Do you have to have a plug in your shotgun for turkey hunting in Tennessee?
- 7 Where can you hunt turkeys in Tennessee?
- 8 Can I hunt on my own land without a license?
- 9 How far off the road do you have to be to hunt in Tennessee?
- 10 Can you camp on WMA land in TN?
- 11 Can you hunt out of season on your own property?
- 12 Can you hunt on Sunday in TN?
- 13 Can you hunt from a vehicle in Tennessee?
What all does Tennessee sportsman license cover?
Sportsman (004) Annual all-inclusive license valid for hunting, trapping, and sport fishing without general state supplemental licenses or permits. Type 007 Migratory Bird can be added at no charge.
Is turkey considered small game in TN?
Tennessee offers one of the longest deer hunting seasons in the country. For Tennessee deer hunting, the statewide bag limit for antlered bucks is two per season, and one per day. In addition to deer hunts, Tennessee also offers a wide variety of small game and turkey hunting with a lot of year round hunting options.
What is a WMA permit in Tennessee?
Wildlife Management Area Permits. Everyone who hunts on Wildlife Management Areas is required to have a WMA permit except Sportsman License holders and youths under age 16 hunting small game and waterfowl. Youth hunters must be accompanied by an adult with a valid WMA small game permit.
Can I hunt on my own land without a license in TN?
Persons hunting without a license under a resident farmland owner exemption must complete and sign a statement attesting where the property is located and how this land qualifies for a landowner exemption.
What is a Type 94 permit in TN?
A Type 94 is required for all ages of residents and non-residents to hunt the statewide antlerless deer gun season, the unit L antlerless private lands hunt, and WMA nonquota big game hunts, including Cherokee WMA.
Do you have to have a plug in your shotgun for turkey hunting in Tennessee?
Legal Hunting Equipment Shotguns using ammunition with No. 4 shot or smaller. No restriction on the number of rounds in the magazine. A pre-charged pneumatic gun (Airbow) that shoots an arrow is legal for all hunters to use during Spring statewide turkey season.
Where can you hunt turkeys in Tennessee?
Tennessee Turkey Hunting
- Cedar Rock Hunting Preserve. 1326 Warner Bridge Road, Shelbyville, Tennessee 37160.
- Croy’s Cabin Hunting & Fishing Lodge. 4301 Van Hill Rd, Greeneville, Tennessee 37745.
- Dixie Quail Hunting Preserve. 5802 Herschel Hudson Road, Lascassas, Tennessee 37085.
- Goodman Ranch.
- Tumbling Creek Lodge.
Can I hunt on my own land without a license?
General. A landowner or person leasing land primarily for cultivation, their spouse, and dependents under 18 residing with them, may hunt, trap and fish on such land without a license.
How far off the road do you have to be to hunt in Tennessee?
The question posed focuses upon the language of Tennessee Code Annotated section 70- 4-108(b), which reads as follows: It is unlawful to hunt, shoot at, chase, or kill, with or without dogs any wild animal, wild bird or wild fowl on public lands and waters within one hundred yards (100 yds.)
Can you camp on WMA land in TN?
Overnight camping may be permitted on designated areas by permission from area manager, park ranger, lake manager, park superintendent or national forest supervisor. Such camping is subject to the limitation prescribed in the permit, if required.
Can you hunt out of season on your own property?
Hunting outside of season is generally not allowed. This is because animals considered game are not your property. Different states have different stipulations regarding hunting laws and what animals you can or cannot hunt during or outside of hunting season.
Can you hunt on Sunday in TN?
In Tennessee and our neighboring states it is difficult to imagine a law restricting our right to hunt on Sunday. Today, most blue laws have been repealed except for restrictions on Sunday alcohol sales and the ban on Sunday hunting in those 10 states.
Can you hunt from a vehicle in Tennessee?
In Tennessee, it is illegal to: Hunt from any vehicle, even if it is stationary, while you are on a public road, right-of-way, or public property, including WMAs.