Oakdale Is The Smallest Town In Tennessee And You Should Visit.
- The smallest city in the state of Tennessee is Saulsbury located in Hardeman County, which has a population of just 81. There are two additional municipalities with populations under 100: Cottage Grove in Henry County and Hickory Valley in Hardeman County.
- 1 Where is the smallest town in Tennessee?
- 2 What’s the best small town in Tennessee?
- 3 Are there small towns in Tennessee?
- 4 Where is the best rural place to live in Tennessee?
- 5 What is the smallest county in TN?
- 6 What’s the prettiest town in Tennessee?
- 7 What is the safest small town in Tennessee?
- 8 What town in Tennessee has the lowest crime rate?
- 9 What’s the oldest town in Tennessee?
- 10 What is the nicest part of Tennessee?
- 11 What is the fastest growing town in Tennessee?
- 12 Where is the cheapest and safest place to live in Tennessee?
- 13 What part of Tennessee does not get tornadoes?
Where is the smallest town in Tennessee?
If you drive out on Poplar, that is, way out, you will come across the smallest municipality in all of Tennessee: the Town of Saulsbury. According to the 2010 federal census, only 81 souls live in this small hamlet.
What’s the best small town in Tennessee?
The 10 Best Small Towns in Tennessee
- LYNCHBURG, TN.
- JONESBOROUGH, TN.
- FRANKLIN, TN.
- BELL BUCKLE, TN.
- TELLICO PLAINS, TN.
- TOWNSEND, TN.
- PIGEON FORGE, TN.
- GREENEVILLE, TN. For a major dose of heritage, head to Greeneville.
Are there small towns in Tennessee?
Tennessee is mostly known for it’s bigger cities, like Memphis and Nashville. But there are tons small Tennessee towns that are just as fun to explore. So a lot of these towns are near great State Parks, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more. A few of them are situated closer to some of Tennessee’s bigger cities as well.
Where is the best rural place to live in Tennessee?
The 10 Best Rural Places to Live in Tennessee
- Jonesborough. If you like a town to come steeped in history, you’ll struggle to find one that suits the brief better than Jonesborough.
- Tellico Plains.
What is the smallest county in TN?
Founded in 1870, Trousdale County is the smallest county in Tennessee, and one of only 3 metropolitan counties in Tennessee.
What’s the prettiest town in Tennessee?
We’re excited to report that one of our favorite Smoky Mountain cities has received a major honor! Architectural Digest recently compiled a guide to “The Prettiest Town in Every U.S. State,” and Gatlinburg was chosen to represent Tennessee.
What is the safest small town in Tennessee?
Church Hill Church Hill comes in first as the safest city in Tennessee, according to the FBI database. Located about 80 miles northeast of Knoxville, Church Hill offers beautiful small-town living while still being convenient to urban areas.
What town in Tennessee has the lowest crime rate?
Here are SafeWise’s top 20 safest cities in Tennessee:
- Church Hill. Population: 6,671.
- Signal Mountain. Population: 8,605.
- Mount Carmel. Population: 5,295.
- Oakland. Population: 8,323.
- Whiteville. Population: 4,466.
- Camden. Population: 3,573.
- Pleasant View. Population: 4,686.
- Brentwood. Population: 43,217.
What’s the oldest town in Tennessee?
1779 Jonesborough is Established Jonesborough, the oldest town in Tennessee, is established seventeen years before Tennessee was granted statehood.
What is the nicest part of Tennessee?
Best Places to Visit in Tennessee
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Pigeon Forge.
What is the fastest growing town in Tennessee?
Among the 100 largest cities in Tennessee, the fastest growing city is Oakland, whose population has grown 445.7% since the year 2000.
Where is the cheapest and safest place to live in Tennessee?
Alcoa is the cheapest place to live in Tennessee. The median home value is around $146,500 and monthly apartment rentals are around $700 per month. There are also many other affordable cities in Tennessee that attract many people to move to the state.
What part of Tennessee does not get tornadoes?
Morristown. If you fear tornadoes, Morristown is the perfect hideaway. Morristown spans about 21 square miles of Hamblen County slightly northeast of Knoxville and has the lowest tornado score on our list. The city is home to more than 29,100 people, including more than 11,400 homes and more than 7,200 families.