|Tennessee ᏔᎾᏏ (Cherokee) Tanasi|
|• Width||120 mi (195 km)|
|Elevation||900 ft (270 m)|
|Highest elevation (Clingmans Dome)||6,643 ft (2,025 m)|
|Lowest elevation (Mississippi River at Mississippi border)||178 ft (54 m)|
Lowest point in Tennessee
- The lowest point in Tennessee is at the Mississippi River on the Mississippi border. The elevation at the Mississippi River on the Mississippi border is 178 feet above sea level.
- 1 What city in Tennessee has the lowest elevation?
- 2 What is the flattest part of Tennessee?
- 3 What is the most center point in Tennessee located?
- 4 Is Tennessee above sea level?
- 5 Is Tennessee hilly or flat?
- 6 What is the average elevation in Tennessee?
- 7 What is the nicest part of Tennessee?
- 8 Where do the mountains start in Tennessee?
- 9 What part of Tennessee is best to live in?
- 10 Is Tennessee Flat land?
- 11 What is Tennessee famous for?
- 12 How many bodies of water are in Tennessee?
- 13 What is the Tennessee state flower?
What city in Tennessee has the lowest elevation?
The lowest point in the state of Tennessee is located on the Mississippi in Shelby County just outside the Memphis city limits, where it flows out of Tennessee and into Mississippi. Of the total 783 square miles, 317 of which are within the city limits of Memphis.
What is the flattest part of Tennessee?
1. Gulf Coastal Plain. The western third of the state — the entire Grand Division of West Tennessee — is Gulf Coastal Plain. This is where the elevation of the state is lowest and the land is flattest.
What is the most center point in Tennessee located?
The geographic center of Tennessee is located on Old Lascassas Pike, half-mile from the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN.
Is Tennessee above sea level?
Elevation Levels The average altitude of Tennessee is approximately 900 feet above sea level. When it comes to the lowest point of elevation, Tennessee is a mere 178 feet above sea level. This point is along the Mississippi River.
Is Tennessee hilly or flat?
The Gulf Coastal Plain extends across the southern states into southern Illinois. In Tennessee, the plain begins as hilly land to the west of the Tennessee River, which slowly levels-out as it approaches the state’s western edge.
What is the average elevation in Tennessee?
The average altitude of Tennessee is approximately 900 feet above sea level. When it comes to the lowest point of elevation, Tennessee is a mere 178 feet above sea level. This point is along the Mississippi River.
What is the nicest part of Tennessee?
Best Places to Visit in Tennessee
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Pigeon Forge.
Where do the mountains start in Tennessee?
The Great Smoky Mountains stretch from the Pigeon River in the northeast to the Little Tennessee River in the southeast. The northwestern half of the range gives way to a series of elongate ridges known as the “Foothills,” the outermost of which include Chilhowee Mountain and English Mountain.
What part of Tennessee is best to live in?
9 Best Places to Live in Tennessee
- Oak Ridge.
- Chattanooga. Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and along the Tennessee River, this southeastern city is the fourth largest city in the state.
Is Tennessee Flat land?
East Tennessee, dominated geographically by the Great Smoky Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau (also called Cumberland Mountains), is the home of the state’s well-known mountain traditions. West Tennessee is mainly flat land with rich soil and long has had an economy based on plantation agriculture, notably cotton.
What is Tennessee famous for?
Because of constant energy research, it is known as the Energy Capital of the World. Tennessee has more than 3,800 documented caves. Bristol is known as the Birthplace of Country Music. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited national park in the United States.
How many bodies of water are in Tennessee?
Tennessee is home to 12 great lakes: Center Hill Lake, Cherokee Lake, Chickamauga Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, Douglas Lake, J. Percy Priest Lake, Kentucky Lake, Norris Lake, Old Hickory Lake, South Holston Lake, Tims Ford Lake and Watts Bar Lake.
What is the Tennessee state flower?
Tennessee’s average elevation is 900 ft (274 m) above sea level. The highest point in the state is 6,643 ft (2,024 m) above sea level at Clingman’s Dome, and the lowest point is 128 ft (39 m) above sea level at the Mississippi River.