Elevation of Nashville TN
- Nashville lies on the Cumberland River in the northwestern portion of the Nashville Basin. Nashville’s elevation ranges from its lowest point, 385 feet (117 m) above sea level at the Cumberland River, to its highest point, 1,163 feet (354 m) above sea level in the Radnor Lake State Natural Area.
- 1 What is the elevation of Middle Tennessee?
- 2 What should I avoid in Nashville?
- 3 How far above sea level is TN?
- 4 Does Nashville have snow?
- 5 Is Nashville safe?
- 6 Where is the highest elevation in TN?
- 7 Is Nashville expensive?
- 8 What food is Nashville famous for?
- 9 How much do you need to make to live in Nashville?
- 10 What city in Tennessee has the lowest elevation?
- 11 Is Tennessee hilly or flat?
- 12 How many bodies of water are in Tennessee?
What is the elevation of Middle Tennessee?
Middle Tennessee’s highest elevation, at 2,382 feet (726 m), is found on the Cumberland Plateau in Grundy County.
What should I avoid in Nashville?
12 Things Everyone In Nashville Should Avoid At All Costs
- CMA Fest. Larry Darling – Flickr.
- Broadway after dark. Thomas Hawk – Flickr.
- Highway 24 at rush hour.
- Coffee shops at 11 a.m.
- Other drivers.
- Sunday morning church traffic.
- The raging ice cream lovers at Jeni’s.
- The massive crowds at Pancake Pantry.
How far above sea level is TN?
Elevation Levels The average altitude of Tennessee is approximately 900 feet above sea level. When it comes to the lowest point of elevation, Tennessee is a mere 178 feet above sea level. This point is along the Mississippi River.
Does Nashville have snow?
On average, Nashville gets 4.2 inches of snowfall a year, according to NWS data from the past 10 years. In 2021, Nashville recorded 5.2 inches of snow.
Is Nashville safe?
Nashville’s violent crime rate is 183% higher than the national average. Its property crime rate is 92% higher than the national average. These statistics make the odds 1 in 20 of a person being a victim of a crime.
Where is the highest elevation in TN?
At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is the highest point in Tennessee, and the third highest mountain east of the Mississippi.
Is Nashville expensive?
Overall, the average cost of living in Nashville is about 3% lower than the U.S. national average. (Though as the most popular city in the state, Nashville is roughly 7% more expensive to live in than the rest of Tennessee.) Housing prices are 9% lower than the nation’s average, and utility expenses are 10% lower.
What food is Nashville famous for?
Nashville Food Favorites
- Hot Chicken. We dropped it like it’s hot when we ate this hot chicken at Pepperfire in Nashville.
- Biscuits. Biscuits come in different shapes and sizes in Nashville.
- Meat and Three. Meat and Three is a Nashville classic.
- Third Wave Coffee.
- Tennessee Whiskey.
How much do you need to make to live in Nashville?
NASHVILLE, Tenn. –A study by personal finance company Go Banking Rates finds in order to live comfortably in Nashville, residents need to make $80,548 per year. The study examined housing costs, the price of necessities such as food and healthcare, and average incomes among America’s 50 largest cities.
What city in Tennessee has the lowest elevation?
The lowest point in the state of Tennessee is located on the Mississippi in Shelby County just outside the Memphis city limits, where it flows out of Tennessee and into Mississippi. Of the total 783 square miles, 317 of which are within the city limits of Memphis.
Is Tennessee hilly or flat?
The Gulf Coastal Plain extends across the southern states into southern Illinois. In Tennessee, the plain begins as hilly land to the west of the Tennessee River, which slowly levels-out as it approaches the state’s western edge.
How many bodies of water are in Tennessee?
Tennessee is home to 12 great lakes: Center Hill Lake, Cherokee Lake, Chickamauga Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, Douglas Lake, J. Percy Priest Lake, Kentucky Lake, Norris Lake, Old Hickory Lake, South Holston Lake, Tims Ford Lake and Watts Bar Lake.