Norris Lake, also known as Norris Reservoir, is a reservoir that is located in Tennessee, United States.
Norris Lake (Tennessee)
|Max. width||1.2 mi (1.9 km)|
|Surface area||53.875 sq mi (137 km2)|
|Average depth||75 ft (23 m)|
|Max. depth||210 ft (64 m)|
- Deep inside a mountain near Sweetwater in East Tennessee is a remarkable body of water known as The Lost Sea. Listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as America’s largest underground lake, the Lost Sea is part of an extensive and historic cave system called Craighead Caverns.
- 1 What’s the cleanest lake in Tennessee?
- 2 What is the highest lake in Tennessee?
- 3 What is the biggest man made lake in Tennessee?
- 4 What is the deepest part of Norris Lake?
- 5 Are there alligators in Tennessee lakes?
- 6 Where is Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee?
- 7 Where can you retire on a lake in Tennessee?
- 8 Where is Norris Lake in TN?
- 9 Which is bigger Norris Lake or Douglas Lake?
- 10 What is the average depth of Kentucky Lake?
- 11 What is the largest man made reservoir in the US?
- 12 How Deep Is Dale Hollow Lake?
- 13 What is the deepest part of Douglas Lake?
What’s the cleanest lake in Tennessee?
The Clearest Lake In Tennessee, Norris Lake, Is Almost Too Beautiful To Be Real. When the weather gets warm there’s nothing better than a day out by the water. Whether you’re visiting by boat or picnicking on land, there’s just something about a lake day that refreshes the spirit and settles the soul.
What is the highest lake in Tennessee?
Making Your Next Fishing Trip an Adventure Begun in 1942 and dammed on the last day of 1948, Watauga Lake is TVA’s highest-elevated reservoir in Tennessee. Surrounded by densely forested mountains in the “high country,” Watauga Lake sits 1,959 feet above sea level at “full pool”–full summertime elevation.
What is the biggest man made lake in Tennessee?
405 Boyd’s Landing Rd. The Carroll County 1000 Acre Recreational Lake is the largest man-made lake in West Tennessee. With more than 22 miles of shoreline, the lake holds more than 17,000 acre-feet of water, 75% of which has a water level of at least 20 feet.
What is the deepest part of Norris Lake?
Best Lakes and Marinas in Tennessee
- Percy Priest Lake. If you are a Nashville resident and are looking for something in the neighborhood, Percy Priest is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Downtown.
- Dale Hollow Lake.
- Lake Barkley.
- Chickamauga Lake.
- Norris Lake.
Are there alligators in Tennessee lakes?
Alligators are naturally expanding their range into Tennessee from the southern border states. TWRA has not stocked any alligators in Tennessee. Alligators expanding into Tennessee is just another species that we must learn to coexist with like many of the other southern states.
Where is Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee?
Dale Hollow Dam is located approximately three miles East of Celina, Tenn., on the Obey River, 7.3 miles above its juncture with the Cumberland River at river mile 380.9. Dale Hollow Lake covers portions of Clay, Pickett, Overton and Fentress Counties in Tennessee and Clinton and Cumberland Counties in Kentucky.
Where can you retire on a lake in Tennessee?
Best Lakefront Communities in Tennessee
- Fairfield Glade- Crossville, TN.
- Jasper Highlands- Chattanooga, TN.
- Lakeside Coves- Knoxville, TN.
- Rarity Bay- Vonore, TN.
- Tellico Village- Loudon, TN.
- WindRiver- Lenoir City, TN.
Where is Norris Lake in TN?
Nestled in the foothills of the Cumberland Mountains, about 20 miles north of Knoxville just off I-75, is Norris Lake. Well known for its fishing, skiing and boating on its deep clean waters, the lake consists of two major rivers and numerous creeks.
Which is bigger Norris Lake or Douglas Lake?
Named for Senator George Norris, author of the legislation that created the TVA, Norris Lake is 129 miles long and surrounded by plenty of secluded coves to explore. Douglas Lake, also known as Douglas Reservoir, stretches out over more than 28,000 acres and 500 shoreline miles in eastern Tennessee.
What is the average depth of Kentucky Lake?
The deepest part of Kentucky Lake is generally about 70 feet or so. There are some exceptions, such as the “Rock Quarry”, which is reportedly over 100 feet deep.
What is the largest man made reservoir in the US?
Lake Mead, Nevada Named after Bureau of Reclamation Commissioner Elwood Mead, Lake Mead is the largest reservoir in the United States, stretching 112 miles long with a total capacity of 28,255,000 acre-feet, a shoreline of 759 miles, and a maximum depth of 532 feet.
How Deep Is Dale Hollow Lake?
The original river channel near the dam is the deepest part of Dale Hollow Lake at 130 feet; average depth is around 50 feet. Dale Hollow is an angler’s dream come true. Famous for its smallmouth bass fishing, the lake holds the world record for largest of this species ever caught (11 lbs., 15 oz.).
What is the deepest part of Douglas Lake?
Douglas Lake (Douglas Reservoir) has over 550 miles of shoreline with a surface area greater than 30,000 acres at full pool. The reservoir itself is 43.1 miles long, with a maximum depth of 140 feet, and collects water from a 4,541 square mile watershed.