Where is the closest beach from Nashville Tennessee?
- The closest ocean beach to Nashville is Pensacola Beach in Pensacola, Fla. The driving distance is approximately 440 miles, an estimated six and a half hours in moderate traffic.
- 1 What is the closest ocean beach to Tennessee?
- 2 What beach is closest to Chattanooga TN?
- 3 What is the closest ocean to Knoxville Tennessee?
- 4 Does Tennessee have any beaches?
- 5 Where is the closest ocean beach to Missouri?
- 6 What is Orange Beach known for?
- 7 What is Gulf Shores known for?
- 8 What is the closest beach to Athens TN?
- 9 Does Chattanooga Tennessee have beaches?
- 10 How far is Chattanooga from ocean?
- 11 What beach is closest to Memphis TN?
- 12 Why Myrtle Beach is the best?
- 13 Is Nashville or Knoxville better?
What is the closest ocean beach to Tennessee?
What’s the closest ocean beach to Nashville, TN?
- Pensacola and other beaches on 30A (like Seaside and Rosemary Beach) are 6 hour and 48 minutes away.
- Destin and Gulf Shores is about 7 hours away.
- Panama City Beach is about 7 hours and 15 min.
- Tybee Island and Hilton Head beaches are about 7.5 hours away.
What beach is closest to Chattanooga TN?
Tybee Island, on the coast of Georgia, is the closest beach to Chattanooga, clocking in at 5 hours and 49 minutes away. Tybee is a beautiful little beach town on the Atlantic that has everything a beachcomber could want.
What is the closest ocean to Knoxville Tennessee?
Charleston, S.C., is the closest beach to Knoxville, Tenn., at a distance of just over 372 miles. Other nearby beaches are also in South Carolina, such as Kiawah Island at 391 miles and Myrtle Beach at 408 miles.
Does Tennessee have any beaches?
For a landlocked state, Tennessee has a surprising number of very pleasant beaches. Most Tennessee lakes, natural and reservoirs, have scenic sandy shores all around, some designated for swimming, with facilities such as picnic areas, and others with pretty little hidden coves to tie the kayak and go for a dip.
Where is the closest ocean beach to Missouri?
Just less than 12 hours south of St. Louis by car, Gulf Shores is one of the nearest ocean beach destinations for Missourians.
What is Orange Beach known for?
Orange Beach is near industrialized Mobile Bay and closer to the Mississippi River, which tans the white beach and often perpetuates a somewhat brackish hue in the water. The Orange Beach Marina offers water recreation rentals, fishing excursions, dolphin sightseeing cruises, and parasailing.
What is Gulf Shores known for?
Gulf Shores, Alabama is famous for its pristine white beaches, but hiking trails give landlubbers plenty of flora and fauna to find in the area. The Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail in Gulf State Park covers more than 28 miles that take you through nine different ecosystems.
What is the closest beach to Athens TN?
The closest beach to Knoxville TN is Sullivan’s Island in South Carolina.
Does Chattanooga Tennessee have beaches?
While there are virtually no beaches in Chattanooga, Tennessee is actually dotted with beautiful lakes met with fine sand. And since most of these lakes are located in state parks, that means you can go hiking, biking, and camping too, on top of the typical beach fun to be had.
How far is Chattanooga from ocean?
There are 399.97 miles from Chattanooga to Ocean Isle Beach in east direction and 502 miles (807.89 kilometers) by car, following the I-20 route. Chattanooga and Ocean Isle Beach are 8 hours 10 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What beach is closest to Memphis TN?
The closest beach to Memphis is Dauphin Island, Alabama – and my family just went there (via plane, from Plano, TX)! According to an EMM reader it’s about a six-hour drive from Memphis, so I’m totally kicking myself that we never went from Memphis to Dauphin Island while we lived there!
Why Myrtle Beach is the best?
Because the subtropical climate, extensive sights, eats and events of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, checks all the boxes for your vacationing criteria. Stretching 1.2 miles, Myrtle Beach’s new Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade is the best way to enjoy the coastline.
Is Nashville or Knoxville better?
When it comes to Knoxville and Nashville, there’s no denying that the population increase and economic boom of Nashville has created a massive surge in the housing market that makes any comparison obviously lopsided. Winner: Knoxville has the edge in affordability. Knoxville bests Nashville in overall affordability.