An amount below 100 means Tennessee is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Tennessee, Tennessee is more expensive.
Tennessee cost of living is 87.6.
|COST OF LIVING||Tennessee||United States|
|Median Home Cost||$231,600||$291,700|
What states have low cost living?
- Mississippi. As a state,Mississippi offers the lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Oklahoma. Oklahoma is known as the Sooner State.
- Arkansas. Affordable,beautiful,friendly,and convenient are just a few ways that Arkansans describe their state.
- New Mexico.
- 1 Is Tennessee expensive to live in?
- 2 How much does it cost to live in Tennessee per month?
- 3 What state has the cheapest cost of living?
- 4 Is Tennessee an affordable state to live in?
- 5 How much do utilities cost in TN?
- 6 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tennessee?
- 7 What is a good salary in Tennessee?
- 8 What is a good salary in TN?
- 9 Is it worth it to move to Tennessee?
Is Tennessee expensive to live in?
Is it expensive to live in Tennessee? In short, no, Tennessee is actually a very inexpensive place to live. According to the 2021 Cost of Living Index, Tennessee ranks sixth place for lowest cost of living in the United States. With a score of 88.7, Tennessee comes in well below the national average.
How much does it cost to live in Tennessee per month?
In Tennessee, you can expect to pay around $850 per month for rent, a cool $300 less than the national average of $1,175 per month.
What state has the cheapest cost of living?
States with the Lowest Cost of Living
- Mississippi. Mississippi has the lowest cost out of living of all 50 states.
- Oklahoma. Oklahoma has the second-lowest cost of living in the United States.
- Arkansas. The state with the third-lowest cost of living in Arkansas.
- New Mexico.
Is Tennessee an affordable state to live in?
While visiting the most popular attractions is a must-do for any traveler, Tennessee is also an affordable place to live. While you’ll find million-dollar mansions scattered throughout the state in places like Brentwood and Forest Hills, in most cities the median housing prices are reasonable.
How much do utilities cost in TN?
Utilities. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the average monthly energy bill in Tennessee is $123.30. That’s $11.63 above the U.S. average energy utility bill of $111.67.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tennessee?
–A study by personal finance company Go Banking Rates finds in order to live comfortably in Nashville, residents need to make $80,548 per year. The study examined housing costs, the price of necessities such as food and healthcare, and average incomes among America’s 50 largest cities.
What is a good salary in Tennessee?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $90,717 and as low as $23,502, the majority of salaries within the Comfortable jobs category currently range between $27,262 (25th percentile) to $41,833 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $58,754 annually in Tennessee.
What is a good salary in TN?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $60,636 and as low as $14,101, the majority of salaries within the Person jobs category currently range between $23,501 (25th percentile) to $35,723 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $48,414 annually in Tennessee.
Is it worth it to move to Tennessee?
Over the last 20 years, Tennessee has enjoyed an impressive rate of population growth. Low tax rates, living costs, and high quality of life have kept people on the move to Tennessee. It’s not a perfect place, but for the price, Tennessee is about as good as one can get.