|Postal Abbreviations for States/Territories|
|1831||10/1963 – present|
What does Tennessee stand for?
- Stand for Children. Tennessee TN. Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
Does TN stand for Tennessee?
TN never existed as an abbreviation for Tennessee until 1963. Handy, Patsy Cline, James Agee, Bob Neyland—never saw the letters “TN” and understood them to mean “Tennessee.” But it was in 1963 that the U.S. Postal Service imposed its ZIP code system, and with it a standardized two-letter code for every state.
What are the letters for Tennessee?
Now that you know the two-letter Tennessee state abbreviation ( TN ), it makes sense to know what the long-form name abbreviation is for Tennessee.
What is the full meaning of TN in USA?
Tennessee, US (postal abbreviation “TN”)
Is Tennessee a state?
Overview of Tennessee Tennessee became the 16th state in 1796, bordered by eight present-day states and the Mississippi River.
How do you memorize state abbreviations?
Memory Tips for Learning the US Postal Abbreviations
- Alabama (AL) — Cousin AL lives in Alabama (spoken with a thick Southern drawl).
- Alaska (AK) — AK!
- Arizona (AZ) — There’s AZ in Arizona.
- Arkansas (AR) — Pirates like to pronounce it AR-can-saw.
- California (CA) — You can CA movie in Hollywood, California.
What are some good abbreviations?
Common text abbreviations
- ROFL: Rolling on floor laughing.
- STFU: Shut the *swear word!* up.
- ICYMI: In case you missed it.
- TL;DR: Too long, didn’t read.
- LMK: Let me know.
- NVM: Nevermind.
- TGIF: Thank goodness it’s Friday.
- TBH: To be honest.
What is the abbreviation for Canada?
Abbreviations for Canadian Provinces. Canada, which has the country abbreviation of CA, is divided into 10 provinces and three territories, for which there are specific abbreviations.
What is abbreviation for Minnesota?
Specific Places. Because state names represent specific places, they are always capitalized.