Tennessee. No state minimum wage law. Employers subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act must pay the current Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
What is the minimum wage in Tennessee Right Now?
- Tennessee‘s minimum wage rate is linked to a Consumer Price Index, which is intended to raise the rate along with inflation. The current minimum wage rate is re-evaluated yearly based on these values. Tennessee‘s current minimum wage is $7.25 per hour.
- 1 Is TN minimum wage going up in 2021?
- 2 What is the minimum wage in Tennessee 2021?
- 3 How much does Walmart pay in Tennessee?
- 4 What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
- 5 What state has the highest minimum wage?
- 6 Is TN raising minimum wage?
- 7 What is the new minimum wage for 2021?
- 8 What is the current minimum wage?
Is TN minimum wage going up in 2021?
There are no plans to increase the federal minimum wage, something that would have to be approved by Congress. Tennessee has not increased its minimum wage since 2009 when it went up $1.67 from $5.58.
What is the minimum wage in Tennessee 2021?
Tennessee Minimum Wage for 2020, 2021. Tennessee’s state minimum wage rate is $7.25 per hour. This is the same as the current Federal Minimum Wage rate.
How much does Walmart pay in Tennessee?
Walmart is increasing the starting wage to $11 an hour, bringing the new average hourly wage for full-time employees in Tennessee to $14.03 an hour.
What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
How Many States Have a $15 Minimum Wage?
- Minimum Wage Management. Simplified.
- California. For large employers, the $15 minimum wage rate begins Jan.
- July 1, 2021, Minimum Wage Rates: California Cities.
What state has the highest minimum wage?
Washington tops the list of states with the highest minimum wage while 15 states tie for last in terms of the lowest — $7.25, which is the federal minimum wage, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Is TN raising minimum wage?
The Tennessee Senate Commerce and Labor Committee considered a bill that would’ve raised the state’s minimum wage to $12 an hour over the next four years. On and after January 1, 2022, $9.25 an hour; On and after January 1, 2023, $10.00 an hour; On and after January 1, 2024, $11.00 an hour; and.
What is the new minimum wage for 2021?
The National Minimum Wage applies to employees not covered by an award or registered agreement. This is the minimum pay rate provided by the Fair Work Act 2009 and is reviewed each year. As of 1 July 2021 the National Minimum Wage is $20.33 per hour or $772.60 per week.
What is the current minimum wage?
Employers subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act must pay the current Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.