Living Wage Calculation for Knox County, Tennessee
|0 Children||2 Children|
- What is minimum wage in Knoxville Tennessee? $7.25. What is considered middle class in Tennessee? Tennessee households must make at least $21,573 to reach middle class, study finds.
- 1 What is the minimum wage in Tennessee for 2021?
- 2 Is TN minimum wage going up in 2021?
- 3 What is a good salary in Knoxville Tennessee?
- 4 What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
- 5 How much does Walmart pay in Tennessee?
- 6 What state has lowest minimum wage?
- 7 What is the average pay in the US?
- 8 How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Knoxville Tennessee?
- 9 What is the best part of Knoxville to live?
What is the minimum wage in Tennessee for 2021?
Tennessee Minimum Wage for 2020, 2021. Tennessee’s state minimum wage rate is $7.25 per hour. This is the same as the current Federal Minimum Wage rate.
Is TN minimum wage going up in 2021?
There are no plans to increase the federal minimum wage, something that would have to be approved by Congress. Tennessee has not increased its minimum wage since 2009 when it went up $1.67 from $5.58.
What is a good salary in Knoxville Tennessee?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $83,994 and as low as $21,760, the majority of salaries within the Comfortable jobs category currently range between $25,241 (25th percentile) to $38,732 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $54,399 annually in Knoxville.
What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
How Many States Have a $15 Minimum Wage?
- Minimum Wage Management. Simplified.
- California. For large employers, the $15 minimum wage rate begins Jan.
- July 1, 2021, Minimum Wage Rates: California Cities.
How much does Walmart pay in Tennessee?
Walmart is increasing the starting wage to $11 an hour, bringing the new average hourly wage for full-time employees in Tennessee to $14.03 an hour.
What state has lowest minimum wage?
The 15 states with the lowest minimum wage equalling the federal level of $7.25 are:
- North Dakota.
- New Hampshire.
What is the average pay in the US?
The average annual wage in 2019 in the US was $51,916.27, and the median annual wage was $34,248.45. The median wage is the wage “in the middle,” while average refers to the measure of central tendency for all the data. There is a big difference between the average and median wage data.
How much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Knoxville Tennessee?
For Tennessee, the report claimed a comfortable living required an annual salary of $41,877. If you are paid the state’s median wage, you would have to log 48 hours per week to earn that amount in a year.
What is the best part of Knoxville to live?
The Best Neighborhoods in Knoxville, TN
- Downtown Knoxville. One of the best neighborhoods in Knoxville is the city center itself.
- Farragut. Farragut is just 20 minutes away from downtown Knoxville along I-40.
- Oak Ridge.
- Work With the Top Realtors in Knoxville.