What is the population of Kingsport TN in the United States?
- Kingsport is the largest city in the Kingsport– Bristol – Bristol, TN-VA Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), which had a population of 309,544 as of 2010. The Metropolitan Statistical Area is a component of the Johnson City –Kingsport–Bristol, TN- VA Combined Statistical Area – commonly known as the ” Tri-Cities ” region.
- 1 What counties are in Kingsport?
- 2 What is the racial makeup of Kingsport Tennessee?
- 3 Is downtown Kingsport safe?
- 4 What is the crime rate in Kingsport TN?
- 5 Is Kingsport Tennessee a good place to live?
- 6 How big is Kingsport Tennessee?
- 7 Does Kingsport smell?
- 8 How cold does it get in Kingsport Tennessee?
- 9 How did Kingsport get its name?
- 10 Where is the safest place to live in Tennessee?
- 11 What city in Tennessee has the highest crime rate?
- 12 What kind of wildlife is in Kingsport Tennessee?
What counties are in Kingsport?
Kingsport is a city in Sullivan and Hawkins counties in the U.S. state of Tennessee; most of the city is in Sullivan County and the city is the largest in both counties, but is the county seat of neither. As of the 2010 census the population was 48,205; as of 2019 the estimated population was 54,127.
What is the racial makeup of Kingsport Tennessee?
Kingsport Demographics White: 91.19% Black or African American: 3.54% Two or more races: 3.26% Asian: 1.21%
Is downtown Kingsport safe?
Kingsport is in the 18th percentile for safety, meaning 82% of cities are safer and 18% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Kingsport is 47.35 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Kingsport generally consider the west part of the city to be the safest.
What is the crime rate in Kingsport TN?
Kingsport, TN crime analytics With a crime rate of 58 per one thousand residents, Kingsport has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities.
Is Kingsport Tennessee a good place to live?
Kingsport is a town in Tennessee with a population of 53,376. Kingsport is in Sullivan County and is one of the best places to live in Tennessee. Many young professionals and retirees live in Kingsport and residents tend to be conservative. The public schools in Kingsport are highly rated.
How big is Kingsport Tennessee?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in Knoxville, TN are White (Non-Hispanic) (72.4%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (16.9%), White (Hispanic) (3.73%), Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (2.93%), and Asian (Non-Hispanic) (1.77%). 0% of the households in Knoxville, TN speak a non-English language at home as their primary language.
Does Kingsport smell?
KINGSPORT – The air in downtown may not be perfect, but the smell is definitely better. While the residents of Kingsport have had to deal with offensive odors pretty much since the city’s inception, a particularly pungent smell came into being earlier this year, most noticeably in the downtown area.
How cold does it get in Kingsport Tennessee?
In Kingsport, the summers are long, warm, and humid; the winters are short, very cold, and wet; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 86°F and is rarely below 14°F or above 92°F.
How did Kingsport get its name?
The City of Kingsport received its name from a simplification of the name “King’s Port” which was the old name given to the area along the Holston River by early pioneers. In 1822, the Holston River was first chartered by boat.
Where is the safest place to live in Tennessee?
Here are SafeWise’s top 20 safest cities in Tennessee:
- Church Hill. Population: 6,671.
- Signal Mountain. Population: 8,605.
- Mount Carmel. Population: 5,295.
- Oakland. Population: 8,323.
- Whiteville. Population: 4,466.
- Camden. Population: 3,573.
- Pleasant View. Population: 4,686.
- Brentwood. Population: 43,217.
What city in Tennessee has the highest crime rate?
Memphis had a violent crime rate of 11.07 violent crime incidents per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 39.9 per 1,000 residents according to the latest data from the FBI. The most recent data from the Memphis Data Hub shows violent crime is up nearly 9% from the previous year.
What kind of wildlife is in Kingsport Tennessee?
Resources for free wildlife removal in Kingsport Tennessee is full of wildlife, including snakes, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, opossums, and more. Wildlife removal is a complex field. I recommend professional Kingsport wildlife control services if you want to solve a critter problem legally and correctly.