Most affordable places to live in Tennessee
|Rank||City||Annual Property Tax|
|3||La Follette, TN||$481|
What states have low cost living?
- Mississippi. As a state,Mississippi offers the lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Oklahoma. Oklahoma is known as the Sooner State.
- Arkansas. Affordable,beautiful,friendly,and convenient are just a few ways that Arkansans describe their state.
- New Mexico.
- 1 Where is the cheapest and safest place to live in Tennessee?
- 2 What is the cheapest county in TN to live in?
- 3 What city has the lowest cost of living?
- 4 What is the best small town to live in in Tennessee?
- 5 Where is the cheapest place to buy a house in TN?
- 6 Where is the cheapest safest place to live?
- 7 Is it cheaper to live in TN or NC?
- 8 Is it cheaper to live in Georgia or Tennessee?
- 9 What is the most miserable city in Tennessee?
- 10 Is Tennessee a cheap state to live in?
- 11 What is the best and safest place to live in Tennessee?
- 12 Where is the most beautiful place to live in Tennessee?
- 13 Is it a good idea to move to Tennessee?
Where is the cheapest and safest place to live in Tennessee?
Alcoa is the cheapest place to live in Tennessee. The median home value is around $146,500 and monthly apartment rentals are around $700 per month. There are also many other affordable cities in Tennessee that attract many people to move to the state.
What is the cheapest county in TN to live in?
The cheapest county to live in is Van Buren County with a median home price of $98,000. There are 10 especially affordable cities with lots to offer in Tennessee, where many have relocated.
What city has the lowest cost of living?
Cities with the lowest and highest living costs
- 10 cities with the lowest cost of living.
- Wichita, KS. Monthly cost of living: $1,219.
- Cincinnati, OH. Monthly cost of living: $1,226.
- Tulsa, OK. Monthly cost of living: $1,249.
- St. Louis, MO.
- Memphis, TN. Monthly cost of living: $1,267.
- El Paso, TX.
- Louisville, KY.
What is the best small town to live in in Tennessee?
Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is another one of our favorite small towns in Tennessee because there are so many things to do. The town is situated right near the Great Smoky Mountains, which makes it a great stop on any mountain trips. Gatlinburg is a wonderful small town in Tennessee that has something to interest everyone.
Where is the cheapest place to buy a house in TN?
The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live in Tennessee
- Johnson City.
Where is the cheapest safest place to live?
America’s Safest (and Most Affordable) Places to Live
- Aurora, Illinois.
- Killeen, Texas.
- Lubbock, Texas.
- Boise, Idaho. Metro area: Boise City-Nampa.
- Edmond, Oklahoma. Metro area: Oklahoma City.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana. Metro area: Fort Wayne.
- El Paso, Texas. Metro area: El Paso.
- Brownsville, Texas. Metro area: Brownsville-Harlingen.
Is it cheaper to live in TN or NC?
Tennessee is 4.3% cheaper than North Carolina.
Is it cheaper to live in Georgia or Tennessee?
South Carolina and Georgia are the most expensive states to live in the Southeast, and Tennessee is the least expensive state to live in with low property taxes and no state income tax. Collecting data for cost of living and tax burden can be, well, taxing.
What is the most miserable city in Tennessee?
(The Center Square) – Knoxville was ranked the worst place to live among all the cities in Tennessee, according to a 24/7 Wall St. analysis examining communities where households have the most difficulties pursuing happiness and fulfillment.
Is Tennessee a cheap state to live in?
Is it expensive to live in Tennessee? In short, no, Tennessee is actually a very inexpensive place to live. According to the 2021 Cost of Living Index, Tennessee ranks sixth place for lowest cost of living in the United States. With a score of 88.7, Tennessee comes in well below the national average.
What is the best and safest place to live in Tennessee?
Church Hill comes in first as the safest city in Tennessee, according to the FBI database. Located about 80 miles northeast of Knoxville, Church Hill offers beautiful small-town living while still being convenient to urban areas.
Where is the most beautiful place to live in Tennessee?
11 Most Picturesque Towns in Tennessee
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- Bell Buckle.
- Pigeon Forge.
- Leipers Fork.
Is it a good idea to move to Tennessee?
Low property taxes and no state income tax are just two reasons why you can afford to live in Tennessee comfortably. According to BestPlaces, the cost of living index score for Tennessee is 87.6, well below the national average. Home prices are exceptionally affordable, compared to many other parts of the country.