What are the best things to do in Nashville?
- Going on a BBQ tour or a walking food tour is one of the best things to do in Nashville. Edley’s Bar-B-Que, Peg Leg Porker, and Martin’s Bar-B-Que are some of the most popular BBQ joints in Tennessee.
- 1 How do I spend a day in Nashville?
- 2 Is Nashville worth visiting?
- 3 What is Nashville Tennessee best known for?
- 4 Can you drink on the streets of Nashville?
- 5 What is the popular street in Nashville?
- 6 How many days do I need in Nashville?
- 7 What should I wear in Nashville?
- 8 Is Nashville safe?
- 9 What food is Nashville famous for?
- 10 How hot is Nashville hot?
- 11 How far is Nashville from mountains?
- 12 What bars do celebrities go to in Nashville?
- 13 Can you walk on Broadway in Nashville with alcohol?
- 14 Can you drink in Nashville on Sunday?
How do I spend a day in Nashville?
Spending Only 1 Day in Nashville? Here’s What You Can’t Miss
- Visit the Church of Country Music.
- Dine on the Finest Nashville Cuisine.
- See the Parthenon Without Leaving the Country.
- Take a Stroll Down Printer’s Alley.
- A Lesson in Civil Warfare.
- Nashville’s Isn’t Called the Music City for No Reason.
- Ride a Horse, Save a Cowboy.
Is Nashville worth visiting?
Being the artistic city that it is, Nashville offers visitors plenty of things to see and do. If you’re traveling solo or as a family, there are tons of museums, a lengthy list of places to shop and several honky-tonks for listening to and dancing to classic country songs.
What is Nashville Tennessee best known for?
Founded in 1779, Nashville is perhaps best known as the capital of country music, as evidenced by such attractions as the Country Music Hall of Fame and the city’s famous Music Row district.
Can you drink on the streets of Nashville?
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) – Mayor John Cooper has announced Public Health Order 10 from the Metro Public Health Department. Order 10 prohibits: the open consumption or possession in an open container of any alcoholic beverage outside of permitted establishments; all curbside and to-go sales of alcoholic beverages.
What is the popular street in Nashville?
Broadway is a major thoroughfare in the downtown area in Nashville, Tennessee. It includes Lower Broadway, an entertainment district renowned for honky tonks and live country music. The street is also home to retail shops, restaurants, dessert spots, tourist attractions, and a few hotels.
How many days do I need in Nashville?
For a broad overview of downtown Nashville and the immediate surrounding, we typically recommend 2 or 3 full days, depending on your pace as a traveler. If you plan to visit sites outside of downtown, i.e. Belle Meade Plantation, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage or the town of Franklin, we recommend 4-5 full days.
What should I wear in Nashville?
What To Wear: Nashville is trendy but casual, so don’t go overboard unless you are feeling it. Recommended pieces include a versatile pair of jeans, flannel/plaid shirt for day, boots (not cowboy boots), neutral hat, leather jacket, fun dress and a great pair of sunnies.
Is Nashville safe?
Nashville’s violent crime rate is 183% higher than the national average. Its property crime rate is 92% higher than the national average. These statistics make the odds 1 in 20 of a person being a victim of a crime.
What food is Nashville famous for?
Nashville Food Favorites
- Hot Chicken. We dropped it like it’s hot when we ate this hot chicken at Pepperfire in Nashville.
- Biscuits. Biscuits come in different shapes and sizes in Nashville.
- Meat and Three. Meat and Three is a Nashville classic.
- Third Wave Coffee.
- Tennessee Whiskey.
How hot is Nashville hot?
An increasingly popular dish, Nashville Hot Chicken would fall under the 10,000 to 100,000 SHUs category, since it is typically made with cayenne pepper. FROM TYSON FOODS, INC.
How far is Nashville from mountains?
Can I drive from Nashville to Great Smoky Mountains? Yes, the driving distance between Nashville to Great Smoky Mountains is 243 miles. It takes approximately 4h 38m to drive from Nashville to Great Smoky Mountains.
What bars do celebrities go to in Nashville?
A Complete Guide to the Celebrity-Owned Bars on Nashville’s Broadway
- AJ’s Good Time Bar – Alan Jackson.
- Acme Feed & Seed – Alan Jackson.
- FGL House – Florida Georgia Line.
- Dierks Whiskey Row – Dierks Bentley.
- Redneck Riviera – John Rich.
- Ole Red – Blake Shelton.
- Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar – Jason Aldean.
Can you walk on Broadway in Nashville with alcohol?
Alcohol-to-go is banned under state law. That applies to the honky tonks on Broadway. The special zone described above was made especially for the convention visitors and was a special concession pushed for by convention bureau.
Can you drink in Nashville on Sunday?
Liquor stores are the one place to buy hard liquor by the bottle in Tennessee, and state law requires these stores be closed on Sundays. Both wine and liquor sales in stores are allowed from 8 a.m. Monday through 11 p.m. Saturday.