The Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine provides a free telephone and online tobacco cessation program that includes tobacco cessation coaching, personalized support, and even free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) for eligible participants.
- 1 How does the Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine offers assistance?
- 2 What resources are available to help tobacco users quit?
- 3 What are 4 strategies to help someone that is trying to quit tobacco use?
- 4 What smoking cessation strategies are available?
- 5 What does 1-800-quit-now offer?
- 6 Is there a way to get Chantix for free?
- 7 How can we help tobacco?
- 8 What is 1 website that could be used to help stop tobacco use?
- 9 What are three regional resources that an individual can utilize when becoming tobacco-free?
- 10 What are the strategies or ways to prevent and control the use of tobacco products like cigarettes?
- 11 What are three methods of nicotine addiction?
- 12 What are 5 strategies to Stop Smoking?
- 13 How do smoking cessation programs work?
- 14 What is smoking cessation program?
How does the Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine offers assistance?
The Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine offers personalized support for Tennessee residents who want to quit smoking by connecting them with trained coaches to guide them through the quitting process. Callers will receive ongoing professional coaching via individually scheduled calls with a coach personally assigned to them.
What resources are available to help tobacco users quit?
- American Cancer Society (Quit for Life) 866-QUIT-4-LIFE (866-784-8454); 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and July 4)
- American Lung Association (Lung HelpLine & Tobacco QuitLine)
- National Cancer Institute (Smokefree.gov)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (BeTobaccoFree)
What are 4 strategies to help someone that is trying to quit tobacco use?
- Write down your reasons for quitting. Make a list of all the reasons you want to quit smoking.
- Make a plan. Make a plan to quit.
- Consider other ways to quit.
- Talk to your doctor about treatments.
- Find a counseling service.
- Tell your family and friends.
- Avoid smoking triggers.
- Manage your stress.
What smoking cessation strategies are available?
10 self-help tips to stop smoking Quit smoking
- Think positive.
- Make a plan to quit smoking.
- Consider your diet.
- Change your drink.
- Identify when you crave cigarettes.
- Get some stop smoking support.
- Get moving.
- Make non-smoking friends.
What does 1-800-quit-now offer?
1-800-QUIT-NOW provides US residents an easily understood and memorable number to call for telephone cessation assistance from anywhere in the US and U.S Territories and Pacific Islands. It also allows for national promotion of quitlines using a single telephone number.
Is there a way to get Chantix for free?
Uninsured, low income patients may be able to get Chantix for free with the Pfizer RxPathways program. How much can I save? Your prescription may be free if you qualify.
How can we help tobacco?
Call 1–800–QUIT–NOW (1–800–784–8669) to get one-on-one help with quitting, support and coping strategies, and referrals to resources and local cessation programs.
What is 1 website that could be used to help stop tobacco use?
Talk to a quit smoking counselor individually or in a group. Get free confidential coaching through a telephone quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW). Use free online resources like CDC.gov/quit and Smokefree.gov.
What are three regional resources that an individual can utilize when becoming tobacco-free?
Regional resources that may be utilized in becoming tobacco-free include state phone anti smoking/tobacco quitting services, Nicotine Anonymous, local community support groups, the county health department, and various anti tobacco health or employee plans.
What are the strategies or ways to prevent and control the use of tobacco products like cigarettes?
Prevention can take the form of policy-level measures, such as increased taxation of tobacco products; stricter laws (and enforcement of laws) regulating who can purchase tobacco products; how and where they can be purchased; where and when they can be used (i.e., smoke-free policies in restaurants, bars, and other
What are three methods of nicotine addiction?
Quitting smoking for good and overcoming nicotine dependence requires a multi-faceted approach that may include counseling, support groups, behavioral therapy and medication.
What are 5 strategies to Stop Smoking?
Smoking, 5 Steps to Quit
- Step 1: Have a plan. Once you’ve made up your mind to quit smoking and set the date, develop a plan.
- Step 2: Don’t go it alone. It will be easier to quit smoking if you have support from family and friends.
- Step 3: Stay busy.
- Step 4: Avoid smoking triggers.
- Step 5: Reward your accomplishments.
How do smoking cessation programs work?
How does the Tobacco Cessation Program work?
- A one-on-one interview assessment is given over the phone to assess the level of tobacco use and help determine the most appropriate treatment course.
- A specialist works with the client to develop a customized quit plan.
What is smoking cessation program?
(SMOH-king seh-SAY-shun) To quit smoking. Smoking cessation lowers the risk of cancer and other serious health problems. Counseling, behavior therapy, medicines, and nicotine-containing products, such as nicotine patches, gum, lozenges, inhalers, and nasal sprays, may be used to help a person quit smoking.