The closest commercial airport is the McGhee-Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee and is about 40 miles from Gatlinburg. The number for the McGhee- Tyson Airport is (865) 342-2900. Private charter planes can fly into the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge Airport (KGKT), just call them at (865) 453-8393.
- However, there are better options for getting to Gatlinburg. There is no direct connection from Nearby airports to Gatlinburg. However, you can take the subway to Garnett Station, take the walk to Atlanta, take the bus to Nashville, take the walk to Fulton Station Outbound, take the line 55 bus to Bell Station Outbound, take the walk to Nashville, take the bus to Knoxville, TN, then take the drive to Gatlinburg.
- 1 What airport do you fly into for Smoky Mountains?
- 2 How do you fly to Gatlinburg?
- 3 How can I get to Gatlinburg for cheap?
- 4 What is the best month to visit Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 5 Does Southwest fly to Gatlinburg TN?
- 6 Does Amtrak go to Gatlinburg TN?
- 7 Where do you fly to go to Gatlinburg?
- 8 Is Gatlinburg close to Memphis or Nashville?
- 9 Is there a shuttle from Knoxville airport to Gatlinburg?
- 10 What can you do for free in Gatlinburg?
- 11 Is it best to stay in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge?
- 12 How far apart are Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg?
- 13 Is Gatlinburg worth visiting?
- 14 What is Gatlinburg known for?
- 15 Is Gatlinburg busy at Christmas?
What airport do you fly into for Smoky Mountains?
On the Tennessee side, the nearest airport – less than 25 miles west of the park – is McGhee Tyson (TYS) just south of Knoxville. In North Carolina, the closest airport is the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), about 60 miles east of the Cherokee entrance. Both airports offer car rentals.
How do you fly to Gatlinburg?
What airports are near Gatlinburg? The closest airport is Knoxville McGhee Tyson (TYS) (27.6 mi). Other nearby airports are Asheville Regional (AVL) (57.89 mi), Blountville Tri Cities TN/VA (TRI) (81.22 mi) or Greenville (GSP) (92.22 mi). KAYAK recommends you fly to Knoxville McGhee Tyson.
How can I get to Gatlinburg for cheap?
5 Budget-Friendly Gatlinburg Vacation Tips
- 1) Arrive Late at Dollywood. The first of our five Gatlinburg vacation tips features Dollywood.
- 2) Great Smoky Mountains National Park is Free.
- 3) Take the Trolley for Cheap Travel.
- 4) Take Advantage of Direct Deals.
- 5) Rent a Cabin.
What is the best month to visit Gatlinburg Tennessee?
The best time to visit Gatlinburg is between September and October. The two peak seasons in Gatlinburg are summer (June, July and August) and the month of October, when the fall foliage is at its zenith. July is the busiest month of the summer season, while weekends in October draw the largest crowds in the fall.
Does Southwest fly to Gatlinburg TN?
The airport is served by all 3 major domestic airlines: American, Delta, and United. Along with international airlines of Air Canada and Lufthansa and four smaller airlines: Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Sprint, and the small regional airlines of Contour, Ultimate Air, and Volaris.
Does Amtrak go to Gatlinburg TN?
Amtrak does not provide rail service to Gatlinburg, nor does Greyhound offer bus service. Either way will get you to Gatlinburg. If you take 321 you will drive through Wears Valley and into Pigeon Forge.
Where do you fly to go to Gatlinburg?
The closest commercial airport is the McGhee-Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee and is about 40 miles from Gatlinburg. The number for the McGhee- Tyson Airport is (865) 342-2900.
Is Gatlinburg close to Memphis or Nashville?
Gatlinburg is an easy 222-mile drive from Nashville along I-40, and with some nice adventures along the way. Just a quick jaunt off I-40 will offer sights you never knew existed. We suggest exploring a few of the scenic byways, for very little added time to your journey.
Is there a shuttle from Knoxville airport to Gatlinburg?
Gatlinburg Shuttle Service The cheapest ride to or from Knoxville Airport will usually be shared shuttle van. View the map for the suggested route between TYS and Gatlinburg though bear in mind this is for guidance only.
What can you do for free in Gatlinburg?
10 Free Things To Do in Gatlinburg TN You Don’t Want to Skip
- People Watch on the Gatlinburg Parkway.
- Take a Walk Along the Little Pigeon River.
- Visit a Gatlinburg Moonshine Distillery.
- Drive the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.
- Visit Cades Cove.
- Stroll Through the Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community.
Is it best to stay in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge?
Closer To the National Park – Gatlinburg is located just outside of the park boundary, while Pigeon Forge is a few miles drive away from park entrances. If you want to spend as much time in the Smokies as possible, this gateway to the national park might be your best place to stay.
How far apart are Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg?
The distance from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg is short, just five miles. For a different, but equally scenic route, drivers can take the Gatlinburg Bypass and, when it ends, take a left on 321/441. The Bypass is a beautiful road and offers even more views of the landscape.
Is Gatlinburg worth visiting?
It is definitely worth going to visit if you are into hiking, etc even if you don’t want a touristy area. It is possible to rent a cabin and avoid Gatlinburg altogether but plan on finding bypass roads to take and cook at your cabin. That said, Gatlinburg is a very touristy spot crammed within a couple of miles.
What is Gatlinburg known for?
What is Gatlinburg TN Known For? The History of This Smoky Mountain Town
- Deep Indigenous Roots.
- Euro-American Settlement.
- Gatlinburg’s Controversial Namesake.
- Gatlinburg in the Civil War.
- Logging & the Creation of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- The Phi Beta Phi Settlement School & the Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts.
Is Gatlinburg busy at Christmas?
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are busy during the holidays, leaving the Parkway congested. If traffic is slow in town, enjoy the LED light displays that will surely brighten the trip! Roads can also become icy at times, so make sure you are well prepared for local weather conditions.