It serves as a southern bypass around downtown Nashville, and is located on average about three miles (4.8 km) from the center of the city. I-440 is also known locally as the Four-Forty Parkway, and is designated as the Debra K. Johnson Memorial Parkway.
Interstate 440 (Tennessee)
- If you still insist on bypassing Nashville, you could possibly run 840 to 65, take 65 south to Spring Hill, take 31 south to Columbia then pick up Hwy 412 west. You woul get back on 40 out by Jackson, TN.
- 1 How do I avoid traffic in Nashville?
- 2 What is the best time of day to drive through Nashville TN?
- 3 Does 840 bypass Nashville?
- 4 Is it hard to drive through Nashville?
- 5 What cities are 30 minutes from Nashville TN?
- 6 What cities are an hour south of Nashville?
- 7 Is traffic bad in Nashville?
- 8 Why is there so much traffic everywhere?
- 9 How long does it take to drive north to south through Tennessee?
- 10 Is there a loop around Nashville Tennessee?
- 11 HOW LONG IS 840 in TN?
How do I avoid traffic in Nashville?
If you aren’t hitting during the above times, the best route to avoid most traffic is I-24 West to I-40 East (yes, east), and then Briley Parkway (SR-155, Opryland) North to I-65 North.
What is the best time of day to drive through Nashville TN?
However, Nashville has typical rush hours. Going IN to downtown, it’s busy from about 7am to 9am; leaving downtown, 4pm to 6pm, although if you want to be super-cautious, say 3pm to 7pm. Of course, construction and accidents can cause problems at any time.
Does 840 bypass Nashville?
Interstate 840 (I-840), formerly State Route 840 (SR 840), is a freeway that serves as an outer bypass route around Nashville, Tennessee. Built by the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), it is also designated as Tennessee National Guard Parkway.
Is it hard to drive through Nashville?
Fortunately, driving in Nashville is fairly simple. However, the city does have a few rules that may differ from other larger cities. First, the HOV lanes are available for use Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on inbound lanes and from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on outbound lanes.
What cities are 30 minutes from Nashville TN?
Cities 30 miles from Nashville
- 30 miles: White Bluff, TN.
- 30 miles: Gallatin, TN.
- 29 miles: Springfield, TN.
- 26 miles: White House, TN.
- 26 miles: Pleasant view, TN.
- 24 miles: Smyrna, TN.
- 23 miles: Ashland City, TN.
- 23 miles: Kingston Springs, TN.
What cities are an hour south of Nashville?
Cities 1 hour from Nashville
- 1 hour: Lewisburg, TN.
- 59 minutes: Cornersville, TN.
- 58 minutes: Trenton, KY.
- 57 minutes: Oak Grove, KY.
- 57 minutes: Clarksville, TN.
- 55 minutes: Chapel Hill, TN.
- 54 minutes: Charlotte, TN.
- 53 minutes: Gordonsville, TN.
Is traffic bad in Nashville?
The study from Texas A&M’s Transportation Institute ranks Nashville as the 24th most congested city in America. The average daily commuter is spending 58 hours in their car every year. That’s nearly 2 and a half days stuck in a traffic jam.
Why is there so much traffic everywhere?
The most obvious reason traffic congestion has increased everywhere is population growth. In a wealthy nation, more people means more vehicles. But total vehicle mileage traveled has grown much faster than population. Furthermore, American road building lagged far behind increases in vehicle travel.
How long does it take to drive north to south through Tennessee?
76 miles in length across the state of Tennessee. It takes aprox. 1 hour & 16 minutes to travel 76 miles with a driving speed averaging 60 mph.
Is there a loop around Nashville Tennessee?
The completed southern loop of 840 provides access to Interstate 40 west and east of Nashville, along with connections to Interstates 24 and 65 through Dickson, Hickman, Rutherford, Williamson and Wilson Counties.
HOW LONG IS 840 in TN?
The shortest interstate is I-878 in New York City, which is all of seven-tenths of a mile long. That’s just 3,696 feet.