It serves as a southern bypass around downtown Nashville, and is located on average about three miles (4.8 km) from the center of the city. I-440 is also known locally as the Four-Forty Parkway, and is designated as the Debra K. Johnson Memorial Parkway.
Interstate 440 (Tennessee)
- If you still insist on bypassing Nashville, you could possibly run 840 to 65, take 65 south to Spring Hill, take 31 south to Columbia then pick up Hwy 412 west. You woul get back on 40 out by Jackson, TN.
- 1 How do I avoid traffic in Nashville?
- 2 What is the best time of day to drive through Nashville TN?
- 3 Does 840 bypass Nashville?
- 4 Is it hard to drive through Nashville?
- 5 Is there a bypass around Nashville Tennessee?
- 6 What cities are 30 minutes from Nashville TN?
- 7 Where should I stay when driving through Nashville?
- 8 What cities are an hour south of Nashville?
- 9 Why is there so much traffic everywhere?
- 10 HOW LONG IS 840 in TN?
- 11 What exit is 840 in Tennessee?
How do I avoid traffic in Nashville?
If you aren’t hitting during the above times, the best route to avoid most traffic is I-24 West to I-40 East (yes, east), and then Briley Parkway (SR-155, Opryland) North to I-65 North.
What is the best time of day to drive through Nashville TN?
However, Nashville has typical rush hours. Going IN to downtown, it’s busy from about 7am to 9am; leaving downtown, 4pm to 6pm, although if you want to be super-cautious, say 3pm to 7pm. Of course, construction and accidents can cause problems at any time.
Does 840 bypass Nashville?
Interstate 840 (I-840), formerly State Route 840 (SR 840), is a freeway that serves as an outer bypass route around Nashville, Tennessee. Built by the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), it is also designated as Tennessee National Guard Parkway.
Is it hard to drive through Nashville?
Fortunately, driving in Nashville is fairly simple. However, the city does have a few rules that may differ from other larger cities. First, the HOV lanes are available for use Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on inbound lanes and from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on outbound lanes.
Is there a bypass around Nashville Tennessee?
Interstate 440 (I-440) is a 7.64-mile-long (12.30 km) auxiliary Interstate Highway which runs through Nashville, Tennessee. It serves as a southern bypass around downtown Nashville, and is located on average about three miles (4.8 km) from the center of the city.
What cities are 30 minutes from Nashville TN?
Cities 30 miles from Nashville
- 30 miles: White Bluff, TN.
- 30 miles: Gallatin, TN.
- 29 miles: Springfield, TN.
- 26 miles: White House, TN.
- 26 miles: Pleasant view, TN.
- 24 miles: Smyrna, TN.
- 23 miles: Ashland City, TN.
- 23 miles: Kingston Springs, TN.
Where should I stay when driving through Nashville?
The Best Neighborhoods in Nashville for Tourists
- The Gulch.
- Midtown/West End/Music Row.
- East Nashville.
- Opryland and Music Valley.
What cities are an hour south of Nashville?
Cities 1 hour from Nashville
- 1 hour: Lewisburg, TN.
- 59 minutes: Cornersville, TN.
- 58 minutes: Trenton, KY.
- 57 minutes: Oak Grove, KY.
- 57 minutes: Clarksville, TN.
- 55 minutes: Chapel Hill, TN.
- 54 minutes: Charlotte, TN.
- 53 minutes: Gordonsville, TN.
Why is there so much traffic everywhere?
The most obvious reason traffic congestion has increased everywhere is population growth. In a wealthy nation, more people means more vehicles. But total vehicle mileage traveled has grown much faster than population.
HOW LONG IS 840 in TN?
The shortest interstate is I-878 in New York City, which is all of seven-tenths of a mile long. That’s just 3,696 feet.
What exit is 840 in Tennessee?
One half mile east of the trumpet interchange ( Exit 235 ) with Interstate 840 along I-40 westbound.