Water Prices by State 2021
|State||Avg. Total Utilities||Water|
What is the average monthly water bill?
- Typically billed together with the water and sewer, most average four-person households will see a water bill in the $25 to $75 per month range. We scoured the Internet to find the average monthly water bill for residents across the United States and included the prices we had found inside our table below:
- 1 How much is the average monthly water bill?
- 2 How much are utilities in Tennessee?
- 3 Are utilities expensive in Tennessee?
- 4 Why is water bill so high?
- 5 Which state has the cheapest water bill?
- 6 How much is water per month in Tennessee?
- 7 How much is electricity per month in Tennessee?
- 8 Why is it so cheap to live in Tennessee?
- 9 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tennessee?
How much is the average monthly water bill?
The average American water bill is $70.93 per month. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates the average American family uses 300 gallons of water per day.
How much are utilities in Tennessee?
Utilities. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the average monthly energy bill in Tennessee is $123.30. That’s $11.63 above the U.S. average energy utility bill of $111.67.
Are utilities expensive in Tennessee?
The cost of utilities is one of the few indicators where Tennessee is more expensive than the national average. For comparison, the U.S. national average for utility payments is $111.76 per month. Unsurprisingly, monthly utility costs are even higher in Tennessee’s major cities.
Why is water bill so high?
An unusually high water bill is most often caused by a leak or change in water use. Some common causes of high water bills include: A leaking toilet, or a toilet that continues to run after being flushed, most common. A dripping faucet; a faucet drip can waster 20 gallons or more of water a day.
Which state has the cheapest water bill?
According to data collected by RENTCafé, the least expensive cost of water in any state is in Florida, where the average cost of a water bill is $6. Wisconsin and Vermont follow, with average water costs at $18. Alaska has the most expensive water costs of any state at $95 per month, followed by West Virginia at $72.
How much is water per month in Tennessee?
The majority of Nashville residents pay $3.13 for a 5/8-inch water meter and on average, use up to 4,488 gallons of water per month. The first two units of water (1,496 gallons) is included in the fixed meter charge. The monthly water bill for an average Nashville residential customer is $12.45.
How much is electricity per month in Tennessee?
In Tennessee, the average monthly electricity bill is around $123.30.
Why is it so cheap to live in Tennessee?
Tennessee is a fairly cheap place to live, compared to the rest of the country. The cost of living index is 86.5, compared to the national average of 100. This is mostly due to the majority of the state being in rural areas and the lack of a state income tax.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tennessee?
–A study by personal finance company Go Banking Rates finds in order to live comfortably in Nashville, residents need to make $80,548 per year. The study examined housing costs, the price of necessities such as food and healthcare, and average incomes among America’s 50 largest cities.