|License Class (standard 8-year cycle)||License Fees*||Minimum Age|
|Photo ID (over age 18)||$12.00||Over 18|
|Photo ID (under age 18)||$4.50||Under 18|
|DM-Operator & Motorcycle||$55.00||16|
- Those asking, “How much does an ID cost in Tennessee?” may be surprised by the low fees. The total DMV ID cost for those 17 and younger is $5. Adults age 18 and older will pay $12 for a photo ID card. Note: DMV forms change regularly. The forms provided above are current based on the date of writing.
- 1 What do you need to get an ID in Tennessee?
- 2 How much does REAL ID cost in TN?
- 3 How much is a Tennessee driver’s license?
- 4 Can I get a Tennessee ID online?
- 5 Where can I get a Tennessee ID?
- 6 How much is the REAL ID cost?
- 7 What does a REAL ID cost?
- 8 What do I need to bring for REAL ID?
- 9 How much does it cost to register a car in TN?
- 10 Can I order state ID online?
What do you need to get an ID in Tennessee?
What You’ll Need To Get your Tennessee Real ID
- Proof to establish citizenship or legal presence.
- Proof of your full Social Security Number.
- Two proofs of Tennessee residency.
- All documents must be original or certified. No photocopies will be accepted.
- Prepare for $28 for standard fee.
How much does REAL ID cost in TN?
How much does a Real ID cost in Tennessee? The Real ID will cost the same as an ordinary Tennessee license, Hogan said. That’s $28 for standard renewal of an expiring license.
How much is a Tennessee driver’s license?
To obtain a full Tennessee driver license, you’ll need to pay a fee of $28. If you are under the age of 18 and applying for an intermediate restricted license, it will cost $24.50. If you are applying for an intermediate unrestricted license, it will cost $2.
Can I get a Tennessee ID online?
Applicants cannot get an ID card online or by mail. To get an ID card in Tennessee, applicants must visit a Driver Services Center and submit the following original or certified documents: Primary proof of identity, such as a U.S. photo driver license, birth certificate, military ID or U.S. passport.
Where can I get a Tennessee ID?
If you have already been issued a Tennessee driver license or ID, visit:
- One of our full-service Driver Services Centers.
- One of our two Express Services Centers: Nashville – Downtown Express Services Center. Memphis – Bartlett Express Services Center.
- Participating County Clerk partners (See list below.)
How much is the REAL ID cost?
Normal driver’s license and ID card fees apply. There is no additional cost for a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card when a person renews normally.
What does a REAL ID cost?
The DMV has posted a list of documents that Real ID applicants may use. Typically, the cost is the same as for a regular California driver’s license, $38. The cost is $33 for state ID cards.
What do I need to bring for REAL ID?
REAL ID Checklist
- Step 1 of 6: Proof of Identity, Date of Birth and U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Status.
- Step 2 of 6: Check Your Name.
- Step 3 of 6: Proof of Your Full Social Security Number (SSN)
- Step 4 of 6: Provide Proof of Residency.
- Step 5 of 6: Written Signature.
- Step 6 of 6: Get Your Documents.
How much does it cost to register a car in TN?
Vehicle Registration Fee: In Tennessee, the renewal fee for Private Passenger vehicles is $29.00. Motorcycles can be renewed for $17.00. The fees for Commercial or Specialty registration renewals vary by county.
Can I order state ID online?
1. You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.