- How much does a Police Officer make in Tennessee? The average Police Officer salary in Tennessee is $53,300 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $49,800 and $58,100.
- 1 How much do state troopers make in Tennessee?
- 2 What is the highest paying police job?
- 3 Do cops get paid well?
- 4 How much do Starter cops get paid?
- 5 How long is police academy in TN?
- 6 Can cops have tattoos in Tennessee?
- 7 How much does an FBI agent make?
- 8 Do cops or firefighters make more?
- 9 Who makes more money DEA or FBI?
- 10 How much does a rookie cop make?
- 11 Can cops make 6 figures?
- 12 How much do SWAT make?
- 13 How do I become a SWAT officer?
- 14 What benefits do cops get?
How much do state troopers make in Tennessee?
Salary Information Upon successful completion of training at the Academy and commissioning as a law enforcement officer, a Trooper’s salary will increase to $3,690.00 per month. With regular pay increases, a Trooper can earn $65,808.00 per year after 10 years of service, under the current pay structure.
What is the highest paying police job?
Highest-paying police jobs
- Security officer. National average salary: $13.11 per hour.
- Security guard. National average salary: $13.29 per hour.
- Patrol officer. National average salary: $14.41 per hour.
- Legal assistant. National average salary: $16.23 per hour.
- Correctional officer.
- Crime scene technician.
Do cops get paid well?
In California, the average salary for police officers is over $37,000 more than the national average, $105,220 vs. $67,600.
How much do Starter cops get paid?
An entry-level police officer starts off making $31,965 per year on average in the US according to reported salaries by Indeed users. 5
How long is police academy in TN?
There are four 12-week Basic Police Schools held each year at the Academy.
Can cops have tattoos in Tennessee?
Tattoos, Body Art and Physical Alterations Not a generally accepted standard for appearance in law enforcement would be facial tattoos or neck tattoos that are exposed even with a collared shirt, and some hand tattoos. Tattoos of an offensive or provocative nature are prohibited.
How much does an FBI agent make?
The salaries of Fbi Agents in the US range from $15,092 to $404,365, with a median salary of $73,363. The middle 57% of Fbi Agents makes between $73,363 and $182,989, with the top 86% making $404,365.
Do cops or firefighters make more?
The BLS May 2019 salary data showed an average police officer wage of $67,600, with most wages ranging from $36,960 to $105,230. The BLS data listed a lower $54,650 average firefighter salary in the U.S. with most making between $25,550 and $90,020.
Who makes more money DEA or FBI?
Salaries. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has 674 more total submitted salaries than DEA.
How much does a rookie cop make?
The national average salary for police officers with less than one year experience is between $30,000 and $45,000, according to Pay Scale. County sheriff’s deputy rookie pay is similar to city patrol officer pay in most metropolitan areas, and lower in rural areas.
Can cops make 6 figures?
Extra-duty pay put 69 officers on the six-figure list last year, when police occupied 87 of the top 100 highest-earner slots. Without extra duty, the number of police officers in the top 100 drops almost in half, to 36, and those officers are there mostly because of on-shift overtime pay.
How much do SWAT make?
Salary Ranges for Swat Officers The salaries of Swat Officers in the US range from $23,362 to $615,734, with a median salary of $111,726. The middle 57% of Swat Officers makes between $111,726 and $278,697, with the top 86% making $615,734.
How do I become a SWAT officer?
Here are the steps to become a SWAT officer:
- Meet entry-level position requirements.
- Consider a college degree.
- Consider military experience.
- Join local or federal force.
- Complete training.
- Gain experience.
- Meet SWAT requirements and join the team.
- Undergo SWAT training.
What benefits do cops get?
The NSW Police Force offers a very attractive salary and benefits package, which includes a starting salary of $ 73,609.00 (2019) plus six weeks annual leave. Family friendly policies ensure a supportive environment, which caters for maternity, carer’s, sick and compassionate leave.