How do I apply for the Tennessee WIC program?
- To apply for the Tennessee WIC program, click here! You are 1 of the 130,000 participants who receives WIC approved foods each month through redeeming WIC vouchers or WIC electronic benefits at over 800 grocery stores and pharmacies across the state.
- 1 Does WIC provide all formula?
- 2 Does TN WIC cover Similac Pro sensitive?
- 3 How many cans of formula do you get on WIC?
- 4 What formula does WIC provide in TN?
- 5 Will WIC cover Neocate formula?
- 6 Does WIC cover Similac spit up?
- 7 Can I ask WIC for more formula?
- 8 How many bottles can of formula make?
- 9 How do I check my WIC balance in TN?
- 10 Is Similac total comfort covered by WIC?
Does WIC provide all formula?
Standard formulas are for infants less than one year old. Children one year and older and women must have a prescription to get a standard formula. View the WIC Approved Formulas list (PDF) to see all formulas you can purchase with your WIC benefits.
Does TN WIC cover Similac Pro sensitive?
In Tennessee standard WIC options are: Similac ® Advance. Similac ® Soy Isomil. Similac ® Sensitive (upon request from doctor, using the WIC Medical Request form)
How many cans of formula do you get on WIC?
Purchasing a combination of 12 oz cans and 12.4 oz cans in the amounts printed on the WIC check is acceptable. 3. INFANTS – Exempt Formulas (Special Formulas) Updated!
What formula does WIC provide in TN?
WIC Formula Information Tennessee WIC has a contract with Abbott Nutrition to provide Similac formulas including Advance, Isomil (soy-based), Sensitive, Total Comfort, and Spit-Up.
Will WIC cover Neocate formula?
Neocate is generally covered by most state WIC programs on the basis of medical need when ordered by a physician. To find out if you are eligible to receive Neocate through your local WIC program, talk to your community health department.
Does WIC cover Similac spit up?
Abbott Similac Advance, Similac Soy Isomil, Similac Total Comfort, Similac Sensitive and Similac For Spit-Up (20 kcal/oz.) are WIC’s standard infant formulas. WIC also provides special and metabolic formulas for participants with special medical needs.
Can I ask WIC for more formula?
You can also choose to feed your baby only or mostly formula with some breastfeeding. The amount of formula provided by WIC may not be enough to meet the nutritional needs of your baby, so you should breastfeed any time you and your baby are together so you won’t have to buy more formula.
How many bottles can of formula make?
Similac 1 can = 6 fl oz, 15 bottles. When mixed as directed, makes approx. 90 fl oz of formula.
How do I check my WIC balance in TN?
You can get your food balance by checking your last store receipt, using the balance inquiry terminal at the store, at the Current and Future Balance tab on this website, or calling Customer Service at 1-844-540-3013. PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. You must have a 4-digit PIN to use your WIC EBT card.
Is Similac total comfort covered by WIC?
The rebate contract for milk-based infant formulas will continue to be with Abbott Nutrition, including Similac® Advance® OptiGRO™, Similac Sensitive®, Similac for Spit-Up® and Similac Total ComfortTM.