From the mountain-top SkyDeck, the SkyBridge stretches almost 700 feet across a deep valley in a single span. that’s longer than 2 football fields!
- The Gatlinburg SkyBridge is the longest pedestrian cable bridge in North America, and it is located at the Gatlinburg SkyLift Park. In order to cross the 680 foot record breaking bridge, you will need to get an admission ticket to the SkyLift Park and ride the yellow chairs to the top of the mountain.
- 1 How long does it take to walk across the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg?
- 2 How long is the Gatlinburg Sky Lift Ride?
- 3 How high is the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 4 Is Gatlinburg SkyBridge worth it?
- 5 Do you have to ride the SkyLift to get to the SkyBridge?
- 6 Did the Gatlinburg SkyBridge crack?
- 7 How much does it cost to ride the Sky Lift in Gatlinburg?
- 8 Can you drive to the SkyBridge?
- 9 Has anyone fell off the SkyLift in Gatlinburg?
- 10 Is the Gatlinburg SkyBridge safe?
- 11 What is the scariest bridge in Tennessee?
- 12 Is there a weight limit on the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg?
How long does it take to walk across the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg?
Making plans to visit? The SkyBridge is located at 765 Parkway. Most people will spend 1-2 hours at the attraction.
How long is the Gatlinburg Sky Lift Ride?
One of the most peaceful rides in our Park, the Scenic Chairlift allows you to see the best view in the Smokies without hiking. It provides an impressive 779 foot rise in elevation above our mountaintop park and, at 3019 feet in length, it is the longest Chairlift of its kind in the United States.
How high is the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg Tennessee?
Ride the iconic yellow SkyLift chairs 1,800 feet above sea level to North America’s record-breaking Gatlinburg SkyBridge where you can experience the best panoramic views of the awe-inspiring Smoky Mountains and the lovely town of Gatlinburg below.
Is Gatlinburg SkyBridge worth it?
In short, yes, the SkyLift is safe. Beyond the ride up the mountain, the highlight of the SkyLift is the Gatlinburg SkyBridge, the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America. The bridge stretches 680 feet across a deep valley.
Do you have to ride the SkyLift to get to the SkyBridge?
Many people come to Gatlinburg every year and can’t leave without riding the SkyLift Park first! To access the SkyBridge and SkyDeck, you must ride the Gatlinburg SkyLift 500 vertical feet up the side of Crockett Mountain. As you ride up the mountainside, you’ll enjoy talking to the 2 other people riding up with you.
Did the Gatlinburg SkyBridge crack?
The Gatlinburg SkyBridge was shut down when a guest “attempted a baseball-style slide across the glass” and a metal object on the guest’s clothing chipped the glass, a release said. The slide caused “noticeable cracks” in a protective layer of one of the three glass panels on the SkyBridge.
How much does it cost to ride the Sky Lift in Gatlinburg?
Tickets cost $19.95 for adults (ages 12-64), $17.95 for seniors, $14.95 for kids (ages 4-11) and free for children 3 and under. Tickets are available for the SkyLift Park online at www.gatlinburgskylift.com/tickets or at the attraction, 765 Parkway, Gatlinburg.
Can you drive to the SkyBridge?
Can I drive to the Gatlinburg SkyBridge? The only way to access the top of the mountain (where the Gatlinburg SkyBridge is located) is to buy an admission ticket at the SkyLift Park ticket window and then ride the yellow SkyLift chair to the top of the mountain.
Has anyone fell off the SkyLift in Gatlinburg?
GATLINBURG — A 26-year-old man was injured Sunday night when he fell from a sky lift chair. The victim was flown by Lifestar helicopter to the University of Tennessee Medical Center. The Gatlinburg Sky Lift carries people from the town up to Crockett Mountain.
Is the Gatlinburg SkyBridge safe?
The SkyBridge is very secure (it holds more than 200,000 pounds), but that knowledge isn’t much comfort when the bridge is bouncing up and down as your fellow travelers make their way across. Thankfully, the only thing in real danger is your phone if you get a little too careless during selfie-time.
What is the scariest bridge in Tennessee?
One Of The Most Haunted Bridges In Tennessee, Drummond Bridge Has Been Around Since The 1800s
- At first glance, the abandoned railroad trestle in Briceville doesn’t look like anything special.
- When you learn about the bridge’s past, rumors of its haunting are not surprising.
Is there a weight limit on the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg?
While there is no weight limit, visitors are encouraged to take the lift alone or in groups of two when necessary to ensure maximum comfort. The round-trip ride lasts nearly twenty minutes, but most people break up the experience by stopping at the top of the mountain and checking out the other attractions.