At 431.7 miles, the drive from Memphis to Gatlinburg clocks in at about 7 hours and spans the whole length of the state. You’ll be on I-40 the entire time, which makes navigating the journey quite easy. Along the journey, there are plenty of places to stop for a day trip or to spend the night to extend your vacation.
- 1 What is the best month to visit Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 2 Is Gatlinburg worth visiting?
- 3 Is Gatlinburg close to Memphis or Nashville?
- 4 What is Gatlinburg Tennessee known for?
- 5 What is the rainiest month in Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 6 Does Gatlinburg get snow in December?
- 7 What should you avoid in Gatlinburg?
- 8 What is Gatlinburg famous food?
- 9 Why is Gatlinburg so popular?
- 10 Where do you fly into for Gatlinburg?
- 11 Which is better Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?
- 12 What airport do I fly into if I’m going to Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 13 Does it snow in Gatlinburg?
- 14 What is the off season in Gatlinburg?
- 15 What is there to do in Gatlinburg TN on a budget?
What is the best month to visit Gatlinburg Tennessee?
The best time to visit Gatlinburg is between September and October. The two peak seasons in Gatlinburg are summer (June, July and August) and the month of October, when the fall foliage is at its zenith. July is the busiest month of the summer season, while weekends in October draw the largest crowds in the fall.
Is Gatlinburg worth visiting?
It is definitely worth going to visit if you are into hiking, etc even if you don’t want a touristy area. It is possible to rent a cabin and avoid Gatlinburg altogether but plan on finding bypass roads to take and cook at your cabin. That said, Gatlinburg is a very touristy spot crammed within a couple of miles.
Is Gatlinburg close to Memphis or Nashville?
Gatlinburg is an easy 222-mile drive from Nashville along I-40, and with some nice adventures along the way. Just a quick jaunt off I-40 will offer sights you never knew existed. We suggest exploring a few of the scenic byways, for very little added time to your journey.
What is Gatlinburg Tennessee known for?
The quaint, resort-like village of Gatlinburg, nestled in the mountains of East Tennessee, is known for it’s beautiful scenery, great shopping, as well as its colorful history. The small resort town, commonly referred to as the “Gateway to the Smoky Mountains,” lies at the foot of Mt.
What is the rainiest month in Gatlinburg Tennessee?
The month with the most rain in Gatlinburg is December, with an average rainfall of 4.1 inches. The month with the least rain in Gatlinburg is October, with an average rainfall of 2.7 inches.
Does Gatlinburg get snow in December?
When you’re roaming the streets in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in December, you may get lucky and spot a quick flurry. On average, less than 2 inches of snow falls in December and it very rarely sticks to the ground.
What should you avoid in Gatlinburg?
While there are a lot of things to do, Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals has some tips of things you shouldn’t do while on vacation.
- Do Not Eat Out Every Night.
- Do Not go Taste Moonshine on an Empty Stomach.
- Do Not Wear 5 Inch Heels.
- Do Not Expect Your Cell Phone to Get Great Service.
- Do Not Leave Trash Outside your Cabin.
What is Gatlinburg famous food?
Must-try famous Foods and Eateries in Gatlinburg
- Ogle Dog at Fannie Farkles.
- Donuts at the Donut Friar.
- Deviled Eggs at Parton’s Deli.
- Garlic Knots at Best Italian.
- Pancakes at the Pancake Pantry.
- Salad Bar at the Peddler Steakhouse.
- Taffy Logs at Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen.
Why is Gatlinburg so popular?
It also came in fourth place on TripAdvisor’s list of global up-and-coming destinations. Set in the picturesque entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg is home to a plethora of outdoor activities, a growing food scene, and eclectic attractions that make it a popular destination for travelers.
Where do you fly into for Gatlinburg?
The closest commercial airport is the McGhee-Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee and is about 40 miles from Gatlinburg. The number for the McGhee- Tyson Airport is (865) 342-2900. Private charter planes can fly into the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge Airport (KGKT), just call them at (865) 453-8393.
Which is better Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?
Gatlinburg tends to offer more higher end restaurants. If you’re planning a great date night dinner or just want to grab a bite at one of the best steakhouses, Gatlinburg makes a better option for high-end food. Pigeon Forge offers great dining options as well.
What airport do I fly into if I’m going to Gatlinburg Tennessee?
There is no major airport in Gatlinburg. It is instead served by McGhee Tyson Airport. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Gatlinburg is August.
Does it snow in Gatlinburg?
For instance, Gatlinburg, Tennessee sits at 1,280 feet in elevation and receives an average of nine inches of snow a year. Nearby Newfound Gap in the national park sits at 5,049 feet in elevation and garners a whopping 69 inches of snowfall per year.
What is the off season in Gatlinburg?
Though Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains are truly a year-round destination, the off-season in Gatlinburg is during January, February, and March. However, these months still see lots of visitors, this “off-season” is simply less busy than other times of the year.
What is there to do in Gatlinburg TN on a budget?
Inexpensive and Free Things to Do in Gatlinburg
- Hiking Trails. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the largest attraction in Gatlinburg.
- Clingmans Dome.
- Roaring Fork.
- Gatlinburg Trolley.
- Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts Community.
- Cades Cove.
- Ole Smoky Distillery.
- Ghost and Haunt Tours of Gatlinburg.